Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alliegator View Post
    Okay, so, I forced him to take a naming quiz to try and help me find his style. This is what he picked.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...psabe31194.jpg

More suggestions based on this, perhaps? I'm finding these to be so bland. >.<
    The names he prefers are definitely core classics, but not outdated (i.e. Mary Ann). Many men share this naming taste, and are dragged kicking and screaming in to their female partner's wider world.

So, you have Alice, Iliana, Lily, Claire, potentially Penelope, Katherine and Molly. That's really not a bad list. In the same vein, trying to incorporate your preferences:

Caroline
    Helena
    Amelia / Emilia
    Clarissa
    Julia
    Melora
    Thalia (the Greek muse of history)
    Valerie
    Angela
    Camilla / Camille
    Celeste
    Celia
    Cecilia
    Lucia
    Rosalind
    Simone
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

My oh is the same!! Anything slightly quirky and he says no!! He likes -
    Chloe
    Elodie
    Sophie/Sophia
    Florence
    Mollie
    Freya

Hmm...
    I'm like your husband I love classics like Katherine and Claire. But I also love nature inspired names. But I think if names have a history than you've hit the nail on the head concerning naming. Unless the history is very negative like Adolf for example, you've got a great name. I think for you I think you need to compromise and go for an unusual yet historical name. Names like Eleanor 'Elle' are more likely to work for both of you than arguing between Aria Azalea (very cute by the way) and the understated Claire. Out of the names listed above I like Katherine, Claire, Lily and Aria Azalea. I dislike Molly which reminds me of moles and Iliana is okay prefer Eliana.

Suggestions:
    Anastasia 'Annie'

Adele

Ophelia 'Lia'

Imogen 'Immy'

Rosalie 'Rosie'

Cassandra 'Cassie'

Eloise 'Elle'

Louise 'Lulu'

Penelope 'Penny'

April

Emmanuelle 'Emmy'

June/Juniper/Juno

Rose

Evangeline 'Eva'

Eve

Amelie

Annabel 'Annie'

Elisabeth 'Lisa'

Lilia 'Lily'

xxx

Eliminating the ones I/he doesn't like (that I've asked him previously) and I'll ask him about the rest tonight.

Family names are:
    Valerie
    Sophia
    and his ex's cat is named Freya - so, no. xD

Which means I'll be asking him about:
    Melora
    Chloe
    Elodie
    Mollie (I like the alt spelling, here)
    Rosalind
    Simone
    Amelia / Emilia
    Lilia 'Lily'
    Imogen 'Immy'

As far as our current list:
    Alice - I can't stop thinking twilight. I might need to say this outloud a bit more to see if I find it a viable choice.
    Iliana - I liked the suggestion of Eliana, too.
    Lily - I love the name, don't get me wrong - but it's SO widespread and used so frequently. I liked the idea of Lilia nn Lily since it's fresher sounding then Lilian/Liliana. I also like the idea of Lila, but I want to run that by hubby.
    Claire - MN only.
    Penelope - Love this name in theory, but I'm trying to forget that my grandpa used to have a bulldog Penelope. Might need to do the same thing as with Alice.
    Katherine - Love the name, but there are SO many people named "Katie" around. I love the name Kate - hate Katie, and it'd become Katie so quick.
    Molly - Still loving this one.

I'm holding out hope that there's a name that we both LOVE >.<

What I don't want is to have a child have to go by their last name - Katie A, Katie D, etc -- because there are others like her in their class. It's the reason Paisley is off my list (nee hubby)-- because there are too many around here, already. Same with Cadence.

I also want to throw the name Maci/Macy at him today to see what he thinks of that.

Will report back once he gives his opinions =D

What about Katherine nn Rin?

I'm taking your naming dilemma to the almighty Nymbler. It suggests:

Caroline
    Antonia
    Lena
    Elizabeth (I think this would be an awesome choice. You could call her something out there- such as Zibby or Libba- or something more common like Ella/Ellie or Beth)
    Rose
    Sophie
    Annabel/Annabelle
    Elise
    Lydia
    Corinne
    Antoinette
    Veronica
    Talia
    Audra
    Celeste
    Esmeralda
    Isabelle
    Eleanor
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~