Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Franklin?

Franklin?

We've finally found a boys name we love: Frankie. The problem, though, is that we don't want to use Frankie as a full first name. Someone here suggested Franklin to us, which we love. We're thinking about using it as a middle name and calling him Frankie. What are your opinions on Franklin? Do you automatically think of Franklin the turtle/do you think that's a problem?

Also, we were thinking about Wren Franklin, Camden Franklin, Leo Franklin, Griffin Franklin, Eleazar Franklin or Lleyton Franklin as full names, and almost all of them end in -n, as does Franklin. Do the similar endings make them sound bad? Which is your favorite?
    Mama to Avery Charles, Henry Eli & Maeve Charlotte

MARRIED to Dan

Favorites
    Madeline~Adeline~Anna~Lydia~Julia~Tessa
    Leo~Arlo~Oliver~Andrew~Ethan~Finn~Reilly~Brady~Gra ham

Love the name Franklin! I would suggest using it as a fn, but if you want to use it as a mn, I say go for it! The nn Frankie is adorable, by the way.

Wren Franklin: Not fond of how Wren is considered unisex.
    Camden Franklin: My favorite combo from your list! The endings are slightly different here, because it's -en and -in.
    Leo Franklin: I prefer Leo as a nn, so I would go with Leonardo/Leopold Franklin.
    Griffin Franklin: Although I love both names, the -in endings just doesn't work for me.
    Eleazer Franklin: Sounds good together, but Eleazer doesn't fit in with Avery, Henry, and Maeve.
    Lleyton Franklin: Lleyton also does not fit in with your sibset.

I'm a big fan of Franklin. There are so many distinguished namesakes out there; Franklin the turtle isn't something that would come to mind. Leo Franklin is my favorite from the combos you listed, but I'd prefer Franklin Leo.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I'm not a fan of Franklin but I don't thinks its terrible.