Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Franklin?

Franklin?

We've finally found a boys name we love: Frankie. The problem, though, is that we don't want to use Frankie as a full first name. Someone here suggested Franklin to us, which we love. We're thinking about using it as a middle name and calling him Frankie. What are your opinions on Franklin? Do you automatically think of Franklin the turtle/do you think that's a problem?

Also, we were thinking about Wren Franklin, Camden Franklin, Leo Franklin, Griffin Franklin, Eleazar Franklin or Lleyton Franklin as full names, and almost all of them end in -n, as does Franklin. Do the similar endings make them sound bad? Which is your favorite?
    Mama to Avery Charles, Henry Eli & Maeve Charlotte

MARRIED to Dan

Favorites
    Madeline~Adeline~Anna~Lydia~Julia~Tessa
    Leo~Arlo~Oliver~Andrew~Ethan~Finn~Reilly~Brady~Gra ham

Love the name Franklin! I would suggest using it as a fn, but if you want to use it as a mn, I say go for it! The nn Frankie is adorable, by the way.

Wren Franklin: Not fond of how Wren is considered unisex.
    Camden Franklin: My favorite combo from your list! The endings are slightly different here, because it's -en and -in.
    Leo Franklin: I prefer Leo as a nn, so I would go with Leonardo/Leopold Franklin.
    Griffin Franklin: Although I love both names, the -in endings just doesn't work for me.
    Eleazer Franklin: Sounds good together, but Eleazer doesn't fit in with Avery, Henry, and Maeve.
    Lleyton Franklin: Lleyton also does not fit in with your sibset.
    Current favorites:
    Daphne Victoria, Matilda Elizabeth, Beatrice Jane
    Walter Harvey, Phineas Alexander, Ralph Vincent

I'm a big fan of Franklin. There are so many distinguished namesakes out there; Franklin the turtle isn't something that would come to mind. Leo Franklin is my favorite from the combos you listed, but I'd prefer Franklin Leo.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

I'm not a fan of Franklin but I don't thinks its terrible.