Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Dang, I was not anywhere near ready for "relations" at 2 weeks postpartum! I milked the "sorry, honey, we can't do anything until my postpartum check" for all it was worth.

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Thanks ladies, you rock! So I will ask my doctor about those IUD things, they sound great. I've always been on the pill, I've never really thought about any other birth control methods but this sounds better post baby. I don't think I'd trust my boyfriend to do that withdrawal thing, RGE, although it might be the best option as there are no hormonal things involved. Yeah, my boyfriend does not want to use condoms either he was all I'm too old to use condoms. HAHAHA!

I will definitely wait with sex for a little while longer, don't want a bad "first" experience. I didn't have any stitches or anything, but I don't feel quite ready yet. I've got some really cute mama lingerie, and when I wear my control top pants and loose shirts I look great, but once I'm half naked I feel chubby. So we'll wait a few more weeks I guess... and we'll be creative! thanks again girls <3

edit: RGE, you're having your tubes tied? Isn't that scary? I don't think I could ever do that...
    Yeah, it's a little permanent I guess. I might change my mind when I'm pregnant with the second one, but I'm 99.9% sure I couldn't handle 3 children. Also, if I did decide to have a third, it would be years from now and while I am only 25, my husband is 35 and already has a 15 year old daughter from a previous "relationship" and I get the feeling he's going to be done after our second. He was a little antsy about a second, but he knows how important it is to me for Rowan to have a sibling. He might get a vasectomy instead though.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by mimimommy View Post
    I wouldn't pull and pray! There's such a thing as "precum" which is semen released before an orgasm. I personally had a very good experience with an IUD, don't remember which one it was but it was just a copper one, no hormones (not the Mirena). I can't handle any birth control that suppresses ovulation because it takes away all my libido. Breastfeeding as birth control is not entirely and old wive's tale but relying on it is tricky. Your prolactin levels need to be at a certain level and that is primarily controlled by the frequency of feeding. So if your baby takes a soother, the occasional bottle, or sleeps through the night, chances are your prolactin levels could drop and allow ovulation to occur. But then there's women who don't ovulate until they're completely done lactating, and also women who ovulate immediately even though they breastfeed exclusively and frequently. I personally wouldn't rely on it as birth control unless you're somewhat open to another pregnancy. So I'd recommend condoms or an IUD.
    I have actually heard differing theories on this. I've heard that only certain men have sperm in their pre ejaculate. I've also heard that the amount of sperm is so insignificant that it's a VERY low chance of becoming pregnant. But I'm not 100% sure because I've never asked a doctor about it. Blade?

Part of the method is to avoid having sex on your peak fertile days too, which we normally do. But last time, those peak fertile days happened to fall on hubby's birthday so... I made an exception.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I loved the non-hormonal IUD (I used Paraguard) and would highly recommend it. It doesn't mess with anything, I didn't have it fall out like others, but they do advise you to check for it (you'd feel coarse fibers with an internal exam) every month after your period ends just in case it does dislodge.

I am having my tubes tied this time around. I would just go back to the IUD again, but both my husband and I agree that having 4 kids running around is our limit. We want to be able to have enough time to spend with all of them without having them feel neglected or favored. As for sex afterwards, it depends. Like Blade said I'd wait until your post-partum appointment to make sure everything is healed like it should be. But it should also depend on how YOU feel. I know it's hard waiting, especially if you're very physical. In our case it won't be as much of a problem since my husband is having a vasectomy done as well so he'll also be healing. If he ever calls to set things up with the urologist!
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

If it's a boy: Tristan Ambrose Galahad
    If it's a girl: Genevieve Claire or Josephine Adele