Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Arrow Know any unexpected names behind a nickname??

Recently, I found out that my friend Cali, (we call him this because he's from California) his real name is Kelly. Okay, so they aren't that different in sound, but I never saw it coming. Mostly because I've never met a boy named Kelly. Also because Kelly doesn't exactly fit him. The reason he's hidden it is that he doesn't like his real name.

Current loves:
    thomasina louise, percival hugh

. ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙  ✶  . ∙ ˙ . ∙ ˙

♥  ❝Words have meaning and names have power.❞

Well, Cali is pretty feminine sounding too (Callie is a girls name) so I don't get why he's hiding Kelly. Kelly is a unisex Irish surname and is used for both genders (as is Casey, Riley/Reilly, Kerry etc...). If he's masculine enough to pull off Cali, I think Kelly is fine too!

Forgot to mention names with unexpected nn's...

Margaret/Marguerite - nn Daisy
    Josephine - nn Posey
    Last edited by mischa; March 31st, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I know a Lily who is actually called Elizabeth. I know Lily is a 'known' nickname for Elizabeth, but it always gets me when she mentions her fuller name. I don't know why... she just doesn't seem like an Elizabeth to me, Lily suits her so well and they're such different styles.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Birdie - Roberta
    O.C. - Oceana
    Mama Bear to Serenity (gone January 17th, 2011) and Luther Wolf

Ohh, Kelly on a guy is very attractive, I wouldn't hide that!