Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Judd

Judd

I found Judd as a surname on my family tree and love it. What do you think of it? We wanted the middle name to be Chord or Ford, but Judd doesn't seem to flow with those. Does Judd fit into a sib-set with sisters Marian and Lydia?

I think Judd works perfectly, though neither Chord nor Ford would be ideal in the middle. But Judd Cordell, Judd Cordovan, or Judd Fordham, or Judd Forden would all work.

I think Judd can work with Marian and Lydia, I actually find it rather lovely in that sibset, but also rather unexpected. Judd is the surname of one of Australia's most well known footballers (AFL football, not soccer, I live in Australia), so I wouldn't expect to see Judd used here as it has a rather heavy connotation, and most people would probably assume he was named after the footballer. I would advise against using Chord or Ford in the middle if Judd is the first name as it's not the nicest flow. I recently read a book with a character named Judd, although it was his nickname.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

All I see is Judd Clampett of the Beverly Hillbillies, sorry.

Judd doesn't go well with either of your middle name choices but it does fit with Marian and Lydia.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

It's funny seeing the connotations this name has for others, as it's strongly tied in my mind to the McFly drummer Harry Judd (definitely not a bad thing!). Judd fits with Marian and Lydia while still being unexpected, although I agree that Chord and Ford don't work particularly well as middle names. Judson or Judah nn Judd could be other options, or else stick with Judd and don't worry too much about the flow. If you love both names it's not the end of the world if the flow isn't perfect.
    W h a t ' s . . .

Matilda | Adelaide | Hermione | Aurelia | Tallulah
    Edmund | Wilfred | Asa | Felix | Leander

. . . n e x t ?