Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    No. Definitely, absolutely not.
    Favorite Girls' Names: Amalie, Cecily, Cordelia, Esther, Felicity, Iris, Lucinda, Miranda, Tessa

Favorite Boys' Names: Dean, Gideon, Jasper, Miles, Theodore.

Babies: Annika Vivian (born 11/2013), Baby #2 expected April, 2015!

No....in my opinion not a name a kid would want to have, as it would bring lots of teasing

Aww this is sad Poor Dickon. I mean, I can see why everyone is saying no to it regarding teasing. But... if Dickon is avoided because of teasing shouldn't that also mean that names like Virginia and William are out of bounds? Technically it's the same sort of thing; kids could use virgin and willy as insults.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Aww this is sad Poor Dickon. I mean, I can see why everyone is saying no to it regarding teasing. But... if Dickon is avoided because of teasing shouldn't that also mean that names like Virginia and William are out of bounds? Technically it's the same sort of thing; kids could use virgin and willy as insults.
    I kind of feel the same way, it's such an endearing name, really But I just don't think it would go down well in today's (immature, name-ruining) society.
    W h a t ' s . . .

Matilda | Adelaide | Hermione | Aurelia | Tallulah
    Edmund | Wilfred | Asa | Felix | Leander

. . . n e x t ?

I'm in high school, and let's just say that while I think Dickon has a great sound, I think that saying it would be a problem is an understatement, especially spelled Dick-on. Dickinson and Dickson isn't that great, either, because all it takes is for one person to know that the -son ending means 'son of' and the jokes 'son of Dick' will ruin a high school career.

You might be able to get away with it as a middle, but I'd stick it as a second middle, because it doesn't take a genius for someone to figure out a middle name. I worked on my school's yearbook, and we had a master list of every kid in the school with their first AND eight characters of their middle names.
    Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    But... if Dickon is avoided because of teasing shouldn't that also mean that names like Virginia and William are out of bounds? Technically it's the same sort of thing; kids could use virgin and willy as insults.
    Exactly why Virginia and Titania are off my list (though I do know a thirteen year old Virginia who goes by Ginger, which totally makes it a lot better, but still...), but William is such a perennial favorite. Titania has a lovely sound to it (tih-TAWN-ya), but the first syllable destroys it.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~