Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like it!

13 37.14%
  • No, I don't like it at all.

9 25.71%
  • I don't care about it.

4 11.43%
  • It's alright, but I would keep looking for other names.

9 25.71%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Behati?

Question Behati?

I have nearly settled on the name for my first baby, a girl, but still working on a list. One of my favorites is Behati.(be-uh-ttie, I suppose). I like it being unusual and non-predictable for getting nickname Hattie, which I nearly adore.
    Behati is Afrikaans version of Beatrice, so my middle name pick isn't working(it was Beatrix). So I need your thoughts and some help. Do you like Behati? Do you think it will be weird on blonde All-American girl(both me and my SO are fair-haired so my DD is most likely going to be blonde)?
    Some middle name options are Gwen, Georgia, Corliss, Noa, Neva and (don't laugh!) Whisper. I actually love them all with Behati but would like to hear your suggestions as well. Maybe I should go with more classy middle name since first is so exotic?
    Any thoughts welcome

I think it's alright. Exotic but not too weird. I can't think of a middle name that will go with it though.

I really like it.....it is very pretty and intriguing. I like that it is exotic and unexpected, but has the familiar and fun nn Hattie. I think it would totally work on a little blondie. I would, however, stay away from unusual middle names with Behati as a first name. Behati Whisper would just be too much! You are better of with a more common, mainstream middle in my opinion. It doesn't need to be a typical filler middle name, it just needs to be recognizable. From your list, I think Gwen and Georgia would be your best choices.

I honestly don't know how to pronounce Behati, but if I had to try, I would say Bay-ot-tee
    Last edited by norskelove; March 31st, 2013 at 10:19 AM.

Bay-A-tee is a very beautiful way of pronouncing it.

I like:
    Behati Noa
    Behati Neva/Neve
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*

Wow, that's a lot of combos. Thanks, paprika! I really like Behati Nova, Behati Sophia and Behati Olivia which made me think of Behati Olive.
    And about pronunciation...I listened to the interview and, actually, didn't like the way she pronounces her name(to be honest, I like the name Behati but can't stand Behati Prinsloo..there is something I don't like in her appearance). I thought it was more like be-uh-tee or be-ot-ee, like Bea with -tea ending...OK, I will see.