Names Searched Right Now:
Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catloverd View Post
    To answer the question as to why not travel with kids, my reasons are:
    - kids easily bored on plane/car
    - activities have to focus around kids or they get bored (most museums, scenic gardens, historic landmarks, etc... would bore children)
    - no alone time with partner, thus losing the romance of the trip
    - kids tire, go to bed early, easily worn out - no staying out late, enjoying the night life, missing things due to time constraint
    - really expensive = more food, plane tickets, etc.

Sure I traveled with my parents when I was little, went to Taiwan 3 times and Canada. I don't even remember the trips, mainly because I was too young, so what's the point in taking a kid to see the world when in long run, they won't remember it? (I remember my 4th trip to Taiwan because it was 2 years ago. First time I was able to actually enjoy the experience.)

If I ever travel with my future child, it would most likely be once they are in college, an adult.
    I'll tell you now most people go on a plane a lot before that and it almost becomes a competition. I'm 14 and have been to Sydney 3 times, Queensland 2 times, Bali and I'm going to Kuala Lumpur, singapore and maybe somewhere else. I first travelled as a baby I don't remember that but these holidays were amazing. By the time they are eight they can see those things, my brother was 6 when we went to Bali and we visited temples and he was fine. I remember all my trips over the age of 5. It is easy to find things to do while on planes colouring in, puzzles and many planes have in flight entertainment. My parents still have trips with just them but they still enjoy the theme parks and scenic things as do we at age 14, 11 and 9. My siblings and I are happy to stay up until 10 or so but in places like Bali the night life is terrible.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by onehappymom View Post
    I'm glad you'll be waiting a while, haha
    Yes so am I
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

I would NEVER travel internationally or vacation with a child under 4. Rowan is a very well behaved and happy kid but if you keep her up past bedtime, make her wait an extra 30 minutes for dinner, make her skip a nap... she turns into a demon. It's fun to family vacation with older kids who can do more, don't *need* a nap, understand more, and actually remember the trip. I went to the beach, Washington DC, Maine, California, and Colorado under age 3 and I don't remember any of it. But I have very fond memories of our vacations when I was 5+.

Traveling internationally is extremely expensive, I was lucky I got the chance to experience the traveling I did when I was 17-20.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    it's also SO much more fun in your twenties. When you're older you're more fussy and more conservative (speaking from experience here-- I'm so much more impatient and tired and particular now than I was 10-15 years ago). No hostels, no meeting "chill dudes from Iceland" and deciding on a whim to go to Slovakia together, etc.
    That is so true! The traveling I did in my twenties I could never have done with my love. The traveling we do is different, it's romantic and grown up. And with a kid I'm guessing we'll go more to resorts even though that terrifies me.

BUT I think everyone's different. I know lots of good mum's (including my own) who had children in their early twenties. I think it's good that we're different. And I really admire young mothers, I would've had no idea what to do with a baby when I was 20.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ebenezer.scrouge View Post
    I'll tell you now most people go on a plane a lot before that and it almost becomes a competition. I'm 14 and have been to Sydney 3 times, Queensland 2 times, Bali and I'm going to Kuala Lumpur, singapore and maybe somewhere else. I first travelled as a baby I don't remember that but these holidays were amazing. By the time they are eight they can see those things, my brother was 6 when we went to Bali and we visited temples and he was fine. I remember all my trips over the age of 5. It is easy to find things to do while on planes colouring in, puzzles and many planes have in flight entertainment. My parents still have trips with just them but they still enjoy the theme parks and scenic things as do we at age 14, 11 and 9. My siblings and I are happy to stay up until 10 or so but in places like Bali the night life is terrible.
    Um... maybe it's a competition where you live, but it never was where I lived. Hardly anyone ever went to another country in my area. I was one of the few! My husband's first plane trip was with me and my family to Universal Studios in Florida! Not even outside of the country! His second was on our honeymoon to Hawaii, so that's the farthest he's been!

But I don't think the fact that "Susie went to England" means we should take our kid to China. That's just childish.

All in all, it was just my opinion and reasoning as to why I'd rather travel without kids, just answering someones question. I'm not saying "don't travel with kids" it's just my preference not to.

Like I said my parents traveled with us when we were little, but based on that experience, I never want to. We were terrible children, all we wanted to eat was McDonald's because the food was "gross." My little sister hated museums with a passion so she'd often whine and complain. However, that was their choice and in all fairness to them, all our Taiwan trips are family trips (my mom's from there, so she has family there), which is probably the only reason they brought us along in the first place.

The 4th trip, however, was just me and my mom. I was 20 and wanted to try new foods and see things. We had a lot more fun than we did when we were little. I definitely think it's worth waiting to travel with your kid when their older because you enjoy it more. You don't have to worry about a "fussy" kid.
    Last edited by catloverd; April 4th, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables