Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    I'll be 33 on April 2nd. I have a six year old son and a three year old daughter. I am due with another son in late May. They were all planned, but hopefully our last ones.
    Mom of Kenton, Harper, and Pierce

Pictures I post in games are not mine, no copyright infringement intended

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    LOL, some of you are acting like I said waiting until your older is absolutely horrible and no one should ever do it because it's harmful to children and you won't be able to physically care for them.
    Dude, my comment wasn't that directed at you, it's my general observation of what younger people think (man that makes me feel old!).

For me, having a kid in my early 20's would've been disastrous. I would've been a horrific mum. I'm so glad I waited until I was 30, and I could very well have waited a few years more, which was the plan. I needed to grow up, mature and see the errors of my ways, gain some insight and see the world in all the shades you do when you grow up.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Turning 29 in 2 weeks. One day after my SO turns 34.
    I had Rowan at 27. And Teagan is coming in May. Pretty positive we're done after this. We have a lot of travel plans over the coming years and any more kids will definitely put a damper on some of that.

I never put a timeline on myself for kids/marriage etc. Though I told myself if I didn't have any by the time I was 40, I wouldn't ever.
    I had more grandiose plans for travelling the world than children. So hopefully I can still have the best of both worlds.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

I think whenever you feel emotionally prepared for a child is the right time to have one. If you're 20, great. If you don't feel ready until 40, great. Kids need loving and happy parents. I'm from the South, and you wouldn't believe how many times I see parents being mean to their toddlers, yelling at them, pawning them off on their family and friends... why? Because they were 18 or 19 years old when they had a baby and they weren't prepared for it. So it makes the parent direct their anger and frustration onto the child. I would much rather someone wait until they are mentally and emotionally prepared for a baby before having one.

There are downsides of being an older parent too though. My mom was 37 when she had me, and she was in some cases 10-15 years older than all my friend's parents. She is 63 now and not in the best of health (mostly due to cigarette smoking) and it makes me sad sometimes that she can't be as active of a grandparent that she should be. My husband is 10 years older than me, and his mom is only 55 (she had him at 20.) So, I like being a younger parent. I will only be 44 when Rowan is 20, so I will still be young enough to enough life and travel when my kids are adults. I will be a younger grandparent so I can be active with my grandkids, unless my kids wait until they're 40 to have kids, haha!
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Dude, my comment wasn't that directed at you, it's my general observation of what younger people think (man that makes me feel old!).

For me, having a kid in my early 20's would've been disastrous. I would've been a horrific mum. I'm so glad I waited until I was 30, and I could very well have waited a few years more, which was the plan. I needed to grow up, mature and see the errors of my ways, gain some insight and see the world in all the shades you do when you grow up.
    And this comment wasn't directed right at you, either.