Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    23, single, no kids.

When I was younger I wanted to be married by 25 and have my first kid around 26/27. I ended up getting engaged at 18 and then changing my mind and calling off the wedding, and then after my last bad relationship I gave up on that deadline. Now I'm just enjoying being single (most of the time, lol) and not worrying about it too much. My mom had me when she was 32 and we are closer than any other mother/daughter pair I've ever met, so I'm not worried about that. I only worry about biologically not being able to have the amount of kids I want to have, which is either 2 or 4 (haven't decided, we'll see how it goes), because of age.
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k m

Florence Beatrix Guinevere Helena Vivian
    August Barnaby Roland Whitney Atlas

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    People in their teens and early twenties seem to think people over thirty are ancient with frail bones! I can see the benefit of being a young mother, but there are lots of positives about being 30+ as well.
    No kidding! I'm 38 with a 16 mos old and a 20 mos old daughter by adoption about to come home- I'm far from frail! I plan on another bio baby and adopting when our first two are 10. I'll be pushing 'elderly' status!
    *Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/
    Liliana Wren/ Georgiana Snow/ Eugenie Marigold/Ottilie Amina*

*Osias Grey/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn/
    Jasper August/ *

LOL, some of you are acting like I said waiting until your older is absolutely horrible and no one should ever do it because it's harmful to children and you won't be able to physically care for them.

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    Eh, it really depends on your experience. For me, my parents decided to have my little sister when they were 40 - my father is severely handicapped and my sister is now going on 13 and my dad can't keep up and my mom has a hard time with it, too.

It also has to do with being really out of touch with my children's generation. I look at my mom and I see how she doesn't really connect with my sister or "get it" when it comes to some of the issues she has faced since coming into middle school. I guess "elderly" wasn't really the right word - but still, I want to be young and able and really be able to connect with and understand things that my kids are going through. I'm sorry, but by the time you are 45, you really don't "get" what it was like to be a pre-teen anymore.
    I'm a middle school teacher- so I 'get it' more than most 20 yr olds I've met. Keep in mind every person is different and your experience isn't going to be the same for everyone out there.
    *Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/
    Liliana Wren/ Georgiana Snow/ Eugenie Marigold/Ottilie Amina*

*Osias Grey/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn/
    Jasper August/ *

I'm 19, so realistically I know it's highly unlikely that my life will turn out how I plan it, but here's how I envision it:

At the moment, I can't picture myself ever getting married or having kids biologically, but I'd like to adopt. Ideally, I'd adopt 1-2 girls before/around age 30 (having brothers 10 years younger than I am has made me never want to raise a male child.)
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Odette Cosima Fionnuala Iphigenia Coraline
    Emmett Kieran August Malcolm Zephyr