Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    14 and no kids for a while
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

To be fair, you could be a teen mom and by the time your child is a teenager you probably still wouldn't "get" what it's like to be that age.

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    Well, seeing as my fiance is turning 32 soon, I do not see over 30 as "ancient" LOL, I just have a very, very different expirience than most people, I think, when it comes to parenting when your older. (as in having children in your mid - late 30's).
    I also wanted to add in that I come from a family where until *I* had my son in 2009, the average age of reproducing was WELL into the 30's if not later. My grandmother did not start having children until 38, for example, so a large portion of my family members have passed on and I was never able to meet them. I only vaguely remember my grandmother when she was well and by the time she passed away when I was 13, she was a 78 year old in a nursing home with failing health and being very out of touch with reality - again, not something I want for my children. Aside from my uncles two children, the rest of my family members ARE literally elderly - my "cousins" are in their 70's, to give you some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfualex View Post
    To be fair, you could be a teen mom and by the time your child is a teenager you probably still wouldn't "get" what it's like to be that age.
    No, I get it - it wasn't all that long ago. Besides, I work with a lot of pre-teen / middle schoolers, so I'm reminded of it every day.

All of this stuff being said - I don't remember ever saying it was wrong for other people? These are things I have experienced and do not want to repeat with my own kids. I really do not care what age you prefer to reproduce.

I have an old family too. I'm a 32 year old only child, my mom is 69, my uncle 64 and my grandma 97. Right now we're all in the same house for the holiday and enjoying the baby. My grandma probably won't be around much longer but my uncle still runs marathons.