Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    I'm 17 and I've been with my high school sweetheart for 3 years, I'm a junior in high school, He's a freshman in college. Naïve maybe, but we plan on getting married half way through college so ill probably be about 22-23. Then, we don't really want kids until were 26 and 28. Ideally we would have at least 2 of each, But I don't really care what gender they are, as long as they're healthy (:

I am 23 with no plans of being married and having children in the near future. I would like to take further studies and travel, so having a family isn't really a goal or a priority right now. Also, I'm not particularly fond of children so I can't really imagine myself getting into that in my 20s.

Well, I am probably the oldest to respond to this thread. 37 and expecting my first!
    Life never goes as planned.
    It took me longer than expected to find my soulmate, marry, and even longer to conceive. Obviously I wanted to be married and have children before I turned 30. Now I hope to have them before 40!
    Call me old-fashioned, but I do think that people should wait to marry before having children. Couples should enjoy their time together first before ttc too.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    My mum had me when she was twenty nine and my brother when she was thirty one. When I finished high school at sixteen she was forty five. I don't think anyone would view that as 'closing in on elderly'!
    Eh, it really depends on your experience. For me, my parents decided to have my little sister when they were 40 - my father is severely handicapped and my sister is now going on 13 and my dad can't keep up and my mom has a hard time with it, too.

It also has to do with being really out of touch with my children's generation. I look at my mom and I see how she doesn't really connect with my sister or "get it" when it comes to some of the issues she has faced since coming into middle school. I guess "elderly" wasn't really the right word - but still, I want to be young and able and really be able to connect with and understand things that my kids are going through. I'm sorry, but by the time you are 45, you really don't "get" what it was like to be a pre-teen anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    People in their teens and early twenties seem to think people over thirty are ancient with frail bones! I can see the benefit of being a young mother, but there are lots of positives about being 30+ as well.
    Well, seeing as my fiance is turning 32 soon, I do not see over 30 as "ancient" LOL, I just have a very, very different expirience than most people, I think, when it comes to parenting when your older. (as in having children in your mid - late 30's).