Names Searched Right Now:
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rowangreeneyes View Post
    I plan to have 2, and if things go as planned, I will be 26-27 when the next one arrives. After that, I'm done having kids. I want to be able to enjoy MY life and travel when I'm 50+
    I like how you said this. People tell me to live my live while I'm young and enjoy it and what not, but I think having kids young allows you to live your life when you're older! My grandmother married around 20, had her first child when she was 23, but did a ton of traveling before she even retired and I don't think she had any regrets.
    Anastasia, Tessa, Marina, Stella
    Connor, Rhett, Corbin, Grayson

I'm 18. I plan on getting married when I can graduate college (so anytime after 21 I should be done). As for kids, whenever we are financially stable after that.
    Anastasia, Tessa, Marina, Stella
    Connor, Rhett, Corbin, Grayson

Quote Originally Posted by encore View Post
    I like how you said this. People tell me to live my live while I'm young and enjoy it and what not, but I think having kids young allows you to live your life when you're older! My grandmother married around 20, had her first child when she was 23, but did a ton of traveling before she even retired and I don't think she had any regrets.

I agree with this. It's weird to see so many people basically equate choosing to have children young to giving up on your life and that simply is not true! I LOVE having my son along for the ride and doing everything with him. I don't feel as though I missed out, I feel as though I have a wonderful child to take on my journey with me. I will barely be 40 when my son graduates - still SO much time to do things *I* want, I don't get why people think that I am giving stuff up. (and the whole marriage thing still blows my mind, I guess more people here are traditional - I don't think it's wrong to be married, obviously, but I don't equate it with being an ideal or necessary at all! SO many women are taking it upon themselves to become mothers on their own and I don't see what's wrong with that! Honestly, I was a single mother for a couple of years and I kind of miss being able to make all the decisions and not having to ask anyone else's opinion).

Just turned 37 last month. Pregnant with #1. I have wanted children for honestly as long as I can remember. I was 5 years old at my babysitter's house carrying around the littler ones pretending I was their mom. I am educated with a Master's degree, a job I like, and a full life, but being a mom was the absolute single thing I knew I was born to do.

It took me MUCH longer than I had ever imagined to get to a place where pregnancy and motherhood was even an option, but I am thrilled to finally be here. It's a lifelong dream coming true. If my relationship with my BF and the health of my ovaries work in my favor, I'll definitely try for another. I'd hate for this little one to be an only child, but I will make the best of it no matter what happens.

I do wish this had happened a bit earlier. I will be one of those 55 year old moms at my child's HS graduation. That thought bums me out, but I feel 10 years younger than I am and look at least a couple years younger (people age more slowly on the West Coast btw ) I am super athletic and active so I plan on being a fun, young mom to my child/ren. I will say I have oodles, and oodles more patience than I did a decade ago. I've also lived an incredibly adventurous, wild, and crazy life. I've fallen in love with many, many men, lived all over the country, lived for myself, and kind of figured out who I am. So, on the very, very upside, I am bringing so much more to motherhood than I would have at a younger age. I am ready for it and ready to focus all my attention on raising this child.

Anyway, it's not how I planned, but I am thankful and thrilled that motherhood has finally, almost arrived.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

I'm 31 (married at 29) and due to have my first child four days after my 32nd birthday. I want more kids after this one. I used to say I wanted four kids, but now I'm thinking two might be enough. Pregnancy has not been that much fun for me and, right now, the idea of doing this three more times seems impossible, lol.