Names Searched Right Now:
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Number 1, put me down for Team Blade; I am very appreciative of the great advice you give to us berries on a wide range of subjects and it is a bit sad that it takes 4 pages of nonsense for people to return the favor when you ask for assistance. I'm sorry that some seem to think arguing with you on your own thread is an enjoyable way to waste everyone's time, but hopefully I can help you a little.

Number 2, I'm glad Antoine liked his omelette. =]

Dom has always been a huge fan of eggs in any form and french toast is definitely a big hit at our table. I always make it sprinkled with a bit of cinammon but I also know those who prefer salt and pepper on theirs if that sounds better to you. Almost as easy to make as plain scrambles, and you end up with both your eggs and toast in one bite. (Powdered sugar "snow" on top is great fun for everyone.)

Cut up turkey sausage is great to have with any of the egg breakfasts as well. If you buy a package of frozen links (Jimmy Dean or the like) they're pre-cooked and just need to be heated up in the same pan you're using. Yummy substitute for crunchy bacon until he's older.

Grilled cheese is another easy one, or even grilled ham/turkey and cheese if you want to sneak in a bit of extra protein.

Store-bought bottles of alfredo sauce make a great topping for shredded chicken and veggies, with or without pasta. Yet another one that you can make a lot of in one go and store for later, plus it adds a bit of fat content just like the nut butter spreads and avocados do.

Also any of the still-too-hard veggies can be steamed (but not mashed) for him to safely play around with. Baby carrots for example are quite fun to pick up and stack but if they're cooked until soft they'll still smush right up once they get to his mouth. Also things like zucchini, turnips, or potatoes quickly peeled and cut into managable strips so he can explore all kinds of new flavors. Such fun!
    Dominic James~ (5)

Gabriel : Jude : Ramsay : Roland

Will people please stop arguing! Seriously what is it about? Who has what, who wants what? You guys are "acting" very immature. Anyways, Blade, some of my mum's favorites include: Canadian Cook Book - Nellie Lyle Pattinson, and Raw Food for Everyone - Alissa Cohen

Might I also suggest you get a Vitamix (amazing blender!), and a bread machine! My mum and I use it all the time we make bread (obviously), and rolls, and pizza dough.

Hope I helped!

Quote Originally Posted by lilysong View Post
    [name]Don't know if anyone is still reading this in order to find out about cooking, but... I really like soscuisine.com
    thank you for posting this site. I just added a weeks worth of recipes to this next months meal calendar. See goes to show even people like me who love to cook can use a little help sometimes.

I wonder how differently this post would have been had blade said she was a great cook, but wanted some new meal ideas. So sad that people are valuing a woman's worth based on how well she can cook.
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

Quote Originally Posted by amydomsmom View Post
    Number 1, put me down for Team Blade; I am very appreciative of the great advice you give to us berries on a wide range of subjects and it is a bit sad that it takes 4 pages of nonsense for people to return the favor when you ask for assistance. I'm sorry that some seem to think arguing with you on your own thread is an enjoyable way to waste everyone's time, but hopefully I can help you a little.

Number 2, I'm glad Antoine liked his omelette. =]

Dom has always been a huge fan of eggs in any form and french toast is definitely a big hit at our table. I always make it sprinkled with a bit of cinammon but I also know those who prefer salt and pepper on theirs if that sounds better to you. Almost as easy to make as plain scrambles, and you end up with both your eggs and toast in one bite. (Powdered sugar "snow" on top is great fun for everyone.)

Cut up turkey sausage is great to have with any of the egg breakfasts as well. If you buy a package of frozen links (Jimmy Dean or the like) they're pre-cooked and just need to be heated up in the same pan you're using. Yummy substitute for crunchy bacon until he's older.

Grilled cheese is another easy one, or even grilled ham/turkey and cheese if you want to sneak in a bit of extra protein.

Store-bought bottles of alfredo sauce make a great topping for shredded chicken and veggies, with or without pasta. Yet another one that you can make a lot of in one go and store for later, plus it adds a bit of fat content just like the nut butter spreads and avocados do.

Also any of the still-too-hard veggies can be steamed (but not mashed) for him to safely play around with. Baby carrots for example are quite fun to pick up and stack but if they're cooked until soft they'll still smush right up once they get to his mouth. Also things like zucchini, turnips, or potatoes quickly peeled and cut into managable strips so he can explore all kinds of new flavors. Such fun!
    Alfredo sauce huh? I'll have to try that one. Rowan is pretty picky and goes through phases with food. She hated cheese for a whole month and then suddenly wants it at every meal almost. She doesn't like all the go to "kid" things like grilled cheese, peanut butter, toast, eggs. She actually despises eggs, it's the one thing she has NEVER liked. She goes through phases with most other things, and will at least take a bite or two and try it, but with eggs she literally makes herself gag when I offer them to her. Anything with egg... even quiche and custard. I was sitting at the kitchen table earlier talking to my husband while Rowan ate, and I said "That's the only thing I wish for with the second kid, please let her/him eat eggs! And toast!"
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by hazeleyes View Post
    -snip-
    ...I also suggest you get a Vitamix (amazing blender!), and a bread machine!...
    When my wife and I got a blender, it made a huge change in how we prepared foods. We've only used our breadmaker once, but it was some of the best bread I've had in ages.

Most breadmakers come with a few simple bread recipes in the instruction manuals. Fresh bread is amazing, and a breadmaker can save you an hour plus of kneading, preparing, and transferring the dough.
    I do Web Development, and in my spare time I work on my Darknet project, develop my blacksmithing skills, and work on the HyperSnail HRM for use in Africa.
    Wife: Sessha (sleepysessha)
    Alice Willow, Zion Nathaniel