Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

I too can't imagine not cooking. For us, a meal out is a luxury and a rare treat and I can't imagine being in a position to be able to do it three times a day, seven days a week! Between the cost of the food, delivery and a tip..Wow, I can't even begin to imagine how much you must be spending on food. Does not knowing the nutritional content of your meals not bother you?

I think food is a very important part of family life. I love providing my daughter with nourishing, home made meals made with love and I get great satisfaction in seeing her eat my meals.

Some of my fondest childhood memories involved baking with mom, or waking up on a Sunday morning to the smell of a chicken roasting in the oven for dinner.

Anyway, I definitely think you should cook for Antoine.

If you plan on cooking solely for Antoine and continuing eating out for yourself and your DH, it should be pretty easy.

Breakfast is simple. Porridge/Oatmeal is easy to prepare and highly nutritious. A muesli cereal is another option, or maybe some wholegrain bread with a low fat spread. Some fruit or maybe a slice of ham/cheese to accompany and your done.

Lunch could be scrambled egg on wholegrain toast, baked beans in tomato sauce, or a homemade vegetable soup, if you were feeling brave. Again, these are all pretty much convenience foods that require little/no skill to prepare.

Pasta is a good option for dinner. Amelie used to love it accompanied with a homemade tomato sauce, packed with an assortment of veggies and some shredded chicken. Pasta is so quick and easy to prepare and if making a sauce isn't your thing, there are plenty of ready made jars on the market that would be great.

Snacks would be cheese slices/cubes, cucumber, peppers, yoghurt, or maybe a slice of bread.

Good luck with the cooking!

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.