Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    God f****** damnit. I started this thread for recommendations on baby cookbooks. There are several on amazon and I don't want to buy a shitty one. I know the rudiments of cookery. I am in my mid 30s and still alive, and having lived in several remote villages on multiple continents I know how to cook using an open fire and a battered pot, not to mention a fully-equipped western kitchen. I will stop being self-deprecating, claim of course the fundamental life skills necessary for survival, and say I don't cook out of choice and convenience, not incompetence and cluelessness. I want a cookbook for ideas and proven successful kid-friendly meals for a young toddler, not because Mac n'cheese and the like never occurred to me.

@ottilie thank you, as always, for your kindness.

@flick if you actually stand behind what you wrote to me & ottilie you are a ridiculous human being. Have you honestly never taken a vacation where you ordered a drink on a beach, or ordered takeout? (silver platter optional). That's not an unimaginable luxury, nor does it sound like a daily feature of ottilie's life in southwest London. In a modern economy a great dal of jobs exist to provide services for other people, from preparing food to washing cars to dyeing hair to wiping asses in a nursing home. The vast majority of anybody who frequents an Internet forum (implying ownership of a computer and a monthly cable/Internet bill) is middle class or even above. It's already a select crowd, yourself included.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Ok first off I do apologize for the name calling that was out of line.. I am sure that your job is extremely difficult and balancing life with a toddler can't be easy either.. I do not use bad Grammer I am on my phone and it auto corrects me. Now you are the one being insulting and very rude... Take a class.. All I am saying is that a woman who is a mother usually picks up a few cooking skills by the time she is a mom.... Toddlers are not hard to feed!!!!------get ready here is my constructive advice-- if you can't cook feed him fresh stuff and order plain chicken... But some canned fruit and veggies.. Or frozen... Or just wait I am sure he will develop a taste for sushi or Korean barbecue or Indian food... Happy Easter

Yes, I am so ridiculous that I don't realize any of this stuff - point is that that is how you present yourself.

Also, if you KNOW how to cook then you probably should have said so, that's what got me - not knowing how to basically heat food to temperature in order to consume it seemed pretty unbelievable, especially for someone who managed to get through medical school. T\

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    @ottilie thank you, as always, for your kindness.

@flick if you actually stand behind what you wrote to me & ottilie you are a ridiculous human being. Have you honestly never taken a vacation where you ordered a drink on a beach, or ordered takeout? (silver platter optional). That's not an unimaginable luxury, nor does it sound like a daily feature of ottilie's life in southwest London. In a modern economy a great dal of jobs exist to provide services for other people, from preparing food to washing cars to dyeing hair to wiping asses in a nursing home. The vast majority of anybody who frequents an Internet forum (implying ownership of a computer and a monthly cable/Internet bill) is middle class or even above. It's already a select crowd, yourself included.
    You're welcome

And I agree with the rest of that quote as well. I don't feel like I'm generally mean, pretentious and snobbish around here, and if I am I'm sorry about that. And I don't live in a bubble. But this is Blade's thread about cooking, not about me being horrible, so if you (or anyone else) think I am tell me somewhere else, don't take it out here.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I read through those blogs I suggested again and now realize that they might not be very helpful for cooking for a toddler - I'm sorry and hope I didn't waste your time! It's been a while since I really looked them over. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!