Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    I disagree with you, bluesparrow started it. Blade (in my opinion) was brave in admitting this. Seriously, there's tons of things I don't want to do and I pay for it instead. For example, I don't make my own shoes or my own furniture, I could make crappy stuff if I wanted to, but I don't. I've had people paint the rooms in my house even though I hold a masters degree in fine arts, I had my curtains made. I have my hair and nails done, I love taking taxi's, I pay for people to fetch me drinks and towels when I'm on the beach. I think the problem here is jealousy and the fact that food is supposed to be a maternal homey thing. If people enjoy eating good food I think it's good that they man up and buy it instead of making sucky yucky food themselves noone wants to eat; that's a bloody waste of calories.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I disagree with you, bluesparrow started it. Blade (in my opinion) was brave in admitting this. Seriously, there's tons of things I don't want to do and I pay for it instead. For example, I don't make my own shoes or my own furniture, I could make crappy stuff if I wanted to, but I don't. I've had people paint the rooms in my house even though I hold a masters degree in fine arts, I had my curtains made. I have my hair and nails done, I love taking taxi's, I pay for people to fetch me drinks and towels when I'm on the beach. I think the problem here is jealousy and the fact that food is supposed to be a maternal homey thing. If people enjoy eating good food I think it's good that they man up and buy it instead of making sucky yucky food themselves noone wants to eat; that's a bloody waste of calories.
    Agreed. I love doing things myself, but if you have the means, why not have someone else do it? What's the harm? It's not hurting anyone and it is actually stimulating the economy, so there you go.

Blade, I can't cook either. I'm a little younger and don't have any experience feeding toddlers, but if you have a pinterest, that's how I have been learning! I find recipes I like that look simple and go from there. I'm sure the same would apply to googling for toddler-friendly menu ideas or following some of the PP's links. If you can read, you can follow a recipe, and if you can do that you can cook! Good luck!
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k m

Florence Beatrix Guinevere Helena Vivian
    August Barnaby Roland Whitney Atlas

Crockpots are awesome. My mom always just put in meat, veggies, some water, and maybe some pepper or spices of some sort. Also, the One Armed Cookbook is supposed to be pretty good.

@mge you're thirteen and homeschooled. I don't think you have anything constructive to add on juggling professional, domestic and child rearing responsibilities when your mother likely cooks everything you consume, schools you, and pays the electricity bll which allows you to surf nameberry in the first place. Why are you even in the 'momberries' forum? Do you want to recommend your pediatrician to us or something?

@bluesparrow I don't think you understand what "ivory tower" means, nor "pretentious, " nor princess. Someone who works near hundred hour weeks literally splattered with blood, excreta and occasionally brains is not a princess, nor is she out of touch with reality. I come into contact with people daily that you would cross the street to avoid. I have cut the clothes off every type of human being imaginable. Believe it or not I didn't start this thread to brag about my amazing lifestyle. Instead I have recognized that it has real limitations, and even though it will mean a seismic shift and increased responsibilities/ time away from my son I need to do it in order to take optimal care of him. If you actually are the cook you are purporting to be you could have--for once in your nameberry posting history-- contributed constructively and concretely, but instead you chose to take the low, petty road, for no apparent purpose than stroking your own short-sightedness and insecurities. Thank you for once again registering your incredulity in your usual mishmash of poor logic and even worse grammar.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    That's crossing a line as far as I'm concerned. If someone chooses to buy their food instead of making it that's their decision. If I didn't enjoy making food (or if I wasn't any good at it) I wouldn't do it either, and just because you do it doesn't mean everyone has to. Do you find people who buy art instead of making it themselves pretentious? Coffee, drinks, etc? People have different skills and interests. Cheer up and stop being mean!
    You know, I get a little tired of seeing Blade insult people and insinuate all kinds of nasty, underhanded things and people applaud her yet when someone else calls it how they see it, they are scolded. Sorry, but I agree with BlueSparrow to an extent here - I wouldn't go as far as name-calling, but there are certain life skills that you should have as an adult and making a basic meal to feed your family is one of them. You bring up stuff like making furniture and art - that is on such a different level that it's ludicrous to even compare them. You NEED to be able to feed yourself and feed your children - you do not NEED art or furniture to survive. Not having time and preferring to order out is understandable when you have a career that has crazy hours, but not even turning on your stove for basically a year and not having anything for yourself in the fridge and not knowing how to even BEGIN to cook by the time you are an adult who has people who depend on you is just irresponsible.

You and Blade and a few others on here seem to live in this lala-land where we all live these crazy lifestyles where we are artists and surgeons and you live so far into your own bubble that it's like you don't realize that there are 6 billion other people in the world who don't live being fed off silver platters and I have seen multiple occasions where someones job or lifestyle has been insulted because it doesn't live up to others standards. Guess what? No, the majority of us do not make a surgeons salary or live in a castle being artists who can willy-nilly have people do things like fetch us drinks. That does not mean we are unhappy or unsatisfied with our lives and that we shouldn't point out the fact that yes, as an adult, you should be able to function in your own home enough to put together a basic meal.