Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Oh no! Antoine won't eat tapas? What's a city girl to do?
    Don't worry, the domestic arts are fun! Next you'll be quilting and putting up pickles....

Mark Bittman has a cookbook called How to Cook Everything. Pretty useful and foolproof. I think he also has an app.

There's always The Joy of Cooking.

Alice Waters has a great philosophy of cooking for/with children.. Her food is simple and focused on fresh ingredients. Any of her cookbooks are good. The Art of Simple Food. She has a new one that's just techniques, called In the Green Kitchen.

Sometimes I try to eat kind of a modified "paleo" diet. Paleomom.com has some very odd recipes, but one brilliant recipe for plantain pancakes that are really easy and don't give you the usual pancake stomachache.

But you're probably looking more for toddler-mush type recipes. With that, I can't help. Good luck!

May I ask, B, what is it that you hate so much about cooking? I mean, you obviously have some dexterity and ability to understand complex recipes/protocols etc because you're a SURGEON. You have said that you have a finely-tuned nose. That is half the battle, really. Being able to smell and taste for balanced flavors is the most important thing... and timing. You can do it.
    Also, Bluesparrow, don't be a jerk. Blade was asking for help, and being deliberately self-deprecating, so don't just pounce on it and make her feel badly. How rude.

a crockpot can be your best friend. several crockpot recipes take no cooking. Just toss everything in the pot and leave it alone for six hours. this is a good site to find crockpot recipes. (I find most recipes you can adapt to your own liking)

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2009...-in-order.html

oh and Bluesparrow, you are just plain rude. Not everyone in this world is the same, so get over yourself.
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

Blade, things will get easier as he gets older. Rowan is almost 18 months and she can now officially eat just about anything we do. If I'm eating strawberries, I just cut them in half and hand them to her. If you peel an orange and make sure there are no seeds, you can just hand her segments. If you have to rely on precooked, prepackaged, canned foods or the packages of "toddler stuff" in the baby aisle. They make organic, microwavable meals for toddlers and pre-diced fruits and veggies. As he gets older, he will be able to eat what you eat. And he will develop a taste for the type of food you eat. Do you think kids that live on chicken nuggets and french fries were born that way? No, that's what their parents eat. My mom always made me try vegetables and new things, so I developed a love for healthy and good food. I love cake, don't get me wrong, but I also love almost every veggie and fruit imaginable (except zucchini and okra, blech)
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by mclola View Post
    a crockpot can be your best friend. several crockpot recipes take no cooking. Just toss everything in the pot and leave it alone for six hours. this is a good site to find crockpot recipes. (I find most recipes you can adapt to your own liking)

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2009...-in-order.html

oh and Bluesparrow, you are just plain rude. Not everyone in this world is the same, so get over yourself.
    Oh and a crockpot! I can't believe I forgot to mention that. Crockpot/slow cooker recipes are so easy and they always taste amazing. Just throw some meat, potatoes, carrots, some herbs in a wait for 4 hours. So easy. They even make seasoning packets for crockpot recipes so it takes all the guesswork out.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.