Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Well excuse me for being interested in the title of your post when I saw it on the homepage. And what does me being homeschooled have anything to do with this? Please don't start that crap again.
    Madison, 14-year-old name nerd! My style is all over the place, my favorites change all the time.

Boys: David, Eric, Finlay, George, James, Jude, Lee, Michael, Paul, Richard, Rory.

Girls: Emmanuelle, Frederica, Jayne, Juliet, Lauren, Mary, Molly, Nora, Raffaela, Stella.

Quote Originally Posted by flick View Post
    you know, i get a little tired of seeing blade insult people and insinuate all kinds of nasty, underhanded things and people applaud her yet when someone else calls it how they see it, they are scolded. Sorry, but i agree with bluesparrow to an extent here - i wouldn't go as far as name-calling, but there are certain life skills that you should have as an adult and making a basic meal to feed your family is one of them. You bring up stuff like making furniture and art - that is on such a different level that it's ludicrous to even compare them. You need to be able to feed yourself and feed your children - you do not need art or furniture to survive. Not having time and preferring to order out is understandable when you have a career that has crazy hours, but not even turning on your stove for basically a year and not having anything for yourself in the fridge and not knowing how to even begin to cook by the time you are an adult who has people who depend on you is just irresponsible.

You and blade and a few others on here seem to live in this lala-land where we all live these crazy lifestyles where we are artists and surgeons and you live so far into your own bubble that it's like you don't realize that there are 6 billion other people in the world who don't live being fed off silver platters and i have seen multiple occasions where someones job or lifestyle has been insulted because it doesn't live up to others standards. Guess what? No, the majority of us do not make a surgeons salary or live in a castle being artists who can willy-nilly have people do things like fetch us drinks. That does not mean we are unhappy or unsatisfied with our lives and that we shouldn't point out the fact that yes, as an adult, you should be able to function in your own home enough to put together a basic meal.
    thank you!
    Madison, 14-year-old name nerd! My style is all over the place, my favorites change all the time.

Boys: David, Eric, Finlay, George, James, Jude, Lee, Michael, Paul, Richard, Rory.

Girls: Emmanuelle, Frederica, Jayne, Juliet, Lauren, Mary, Molly, Nora, Raffaela, Stella.

Quote Originally Posted by mge28 View Post
    Well excuse me for being interested in the title of your post when I saw it on the homepage. And what does me being homeschooled have anything to do with this? Please don't start that crap again.
    Lol, dontchya know that you are supposed to ignore something called "shocking confession". :lol:

Don't know if anyone is still reading this in order to find out about cooking, but... I really like soscuisine.com It has menus & recipes for children, though not toddlers specifically and it has all the instructions and definitions you need, and it's fairly healthy too. I don't have a toddler yet, so don't really know about cooking for them (yet), but I do have a picky husband who didn't like the style of stuff I used to cook. This web site has helped me have fun with cooking and not be afraid of messing things up. There's also a menu plan for beginners.

I usually pick a few meals from their site and then make easy stuff the other nights -like cheesy tuna melts or open a can o' soup etc.
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

Ignoring all the drama, here are my suggestions. Baby isn't here yet, but I am an aunt and a godmother so I cook for these kids often. Assuming Antoine has no allergies:
    Fried rice with egg, chopped carrots, tomatoes, pretty much anything, is a super easy, healthy go to.
    Scrambled eggs... Again, throw some veggies in there, a little salt.
    Cold or hot cereal. Fruits can be thrown into the mix.
    Toast with jam or peanut butter- the easiest breakfast, especially for an on the go mom.
    Always keep fruits and veggies on hand. Saltine crackers and goldfish are great too. My SIL has a book called Smart Bites for Baby by Miko Shino...she claims the recipes help boost the toddlers brain. It's probably a load of crap, but if you're desperate enough it has over 300 kid friendly recipes!

Shannon x
    Baby Girl due 7.4.13
    Margot, Miriam, Marion, Marian, Elizabeth nn Betty, Vera, Edith nn Edie