Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Huck?

1. I think of a good southern boy with sandy hair and blue eyes. Loves to hunt and fish and will spend all day in the woods. He wants to be a cowboy when he grows up.
    2. I can't really come up with anything productive but there are others out there- Hugo, Hector, Huxley
    3. Suggestions:
    Sawyer
    Sullivan
    Hugo
    Hector
    Henry
    Dallas
    Brady
    Finn
    Charles
    Owen
    Anthony
    Xander
    Xavier
    Tristan
    Reid
    Riley
    Wyatt
    -Alexis-
    teen berry

I think Huck is very southern gentlemanly, Huxley and Henry would be my top choice
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Becoming absolutely obsessed w/ Huck. Thinking of using Henry as a given name, thanks to a lot of your recommendations. My only question is, will he have to correct every teacher/person he meets when they call him Henry (as seen on official paperwork)? We'd love him to have that to fall back on if he wants in the future, but for all intensive purposes, we'd want him to be called Huck 99% of the time.

Has anyone else had a similar issue w/ given name vs. nickname?

Henry is perfect as a formal option for Huck. Huck Finn is an incredible namesake.
    I enjoy having an everyday name and a longer legal name. It was never a problem to go by my nickname in school. Teachers would usually mispronounce my full name, and I'd just say, "You can call me Emma."

I like Huck as a nn, but I think it does require a formal name due to its informality and strong connotations. Moreover, because one has an idea of what a Huck should be, it could be almost ironic if he's not that... Like a suave, fashionable stockbroker named Huck would seem strange to me. I like Henry as the formal name, although Huxley was the first thing that popped into my mind. With the popularity of Henry, I prefer Huxley (and because Huck seems like a more intuitive nn for Huxley).
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina