Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Huck?

Huck?

For some reason I really dig Huck. Though I'm not sure it's a name that can stand on its own. That said, I don't really like Huckleberry as a longer version.

1 –*What kind of kid do you think of when you hear the name?
    2 – What longer alternatives can you think of that would work w/ Huck as a nn?
    3 –*Are there any other names similar in style that you could suggest?

Thanks so much!

haha, I think of Huck from Scandal, and, of course, Huckleberry Finn. I think of an adventurous little boy with convictions, maybe a little bit of a loner. Sort of a combination of the two Hucks, haha.

Options:

Henry "Huck"
    Hawthorne "Huck"
    Huxley "Huck"

Henry's my favorite in general, but for the nn Huck, I like Huxley best.

Good luck!

Huck would definitely be Southern. He'd be the kind of boy to spend all day playing in the woods with his dog and toy shotgun. I can't think of any intuitive long forms other than Huckleberry; honestly I think you could use Huck as a nickname the same way you'd use Buddy or Buster.

What about Henry nn Huck?
    Emily | 18 | Southeastern US.
    History major, name nerd, and fantasy geek.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

I think it could totally stand on its own, though I would worry about its teasing potential. I do like it though. It reminds me of the names:

Tucker
    Cooper
    Sawyer
    Todd
    Sullivan
    Jesse
    Cooper
    Tanner

I don't really have anything productive to say except that I met a baby Huckleberry, nn Huck, about two years ago. I was incredibly skeptical (and excited!) at first, but I was totally won over by the end of our meeting. Huck seemed so natural on that infant. That said, I can't say I would give it as a stand alone first and one would definitely need some gall to pull of Huckleberry! I do like the suggestion of Henry.