Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tess?

My first daughters name is Tess.
    I still LOVE Tess!
    nn is Tessie. some call her Tessa and she always corrects them.
    Her sibs are Kaia and Jasper, and babies in heaven are Theo and Esme
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

I really like Tessa, it's a nice balance of soft and hard. I do like Tess but I just like Tessa a tad more.

I think of Tess of the D'Urbervilles and someone I know by that name.

I really like the idea of Esther nn Tess.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I prefer Tessa over Tess. The one Tess I know has a half brother named Nathan.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I love Tess. Love it. I'm in the midst of renovating my list, and really want it to be there, but I'm struggling with full name vs. nickname and such. I love Tess on its own, and it seems fine on its own--but on my list, I don't think it really does. If that makes sense, haha. My list is full of longer, more-feminine-and-sweet-than-spunky semi-princessy names. Isabelle, Arianne, Olivia, Charlotte, Violet, Liliana, Hannah, Rachel, Catherine, Eleni... and Tess. While I think Tess fits fine with the nns on my list (Bella, Ari, Liv, Lola, Lily, Annie, Kitty, Leni), but with the full names, Tess falls a little short and I'm afraid she'd feel left out. My siblings all got nns and I didn't, and I still wish I had one. I don't want to go matchy/themey beyond belief, but I don't want poor Tess to feel left out! I like Tessa, but don't love it (the "A" frankly seems superfluous to me). I think Theresa is elegant, but I know there would be family problems with it (my great-great aunt was a Theresa, but apparently the "H" was pronounced, and if I used it, I'd use the proper prn, not the family one, because I just wouldn't want to live with that headache--plus, I feel weird using a family name when I had absolutely no connection to the person--I'm pretty passionate about honoring, but I want to honor people I know, people who meant something to me, not just any person who came before...), and I can't get past the idea of Theresa/Teresa being a middle-aged/old lady. It's beautiful, it's a classic, in a way... I don't know. Maybe just Tess would work better for you than for me. Because obviously, I'm having problems. haha.

Glad to see the love Tess and Tessa get on here! One question that has raised sense seeing the replies . . . is a Tess destined to be a Tessie? I'm a Jessica and to this day I cringe when I hear Jessie (for various reasons). Nothing against the adorable Tessies in the world, but is it unavoidable?

I never thought of having Tess/Tessa be a nickname for Theresa or Esther, but it's definitely a good idea. Solves all the problems of Tess/a sounding a little nickname-y next to longer more "complete" names. I'm not sure if I could do it though . . .

Ashthedreamer, I feel like Tess doesn't fit well with my favorites either! You definitely have it harder with your long, elegant (and gorgeous) names, but I feel like she's hard to place with a lot of sibsets! However the idea of a little Heather and Tessa makes me smile.

nanaioo, I'm swooning over Tessa Paige! That's pretty much a perfect name!

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Mark ~ Samuel ~ Jeremy ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Evan
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil