Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    From water breaking (spontaneously) to baby-in-arms was about 21 hours.

First period-like minor contractions: 11pm.

Water broken (by doctor): 9am the next day.

Ready to push: 12pm

Baby born: 1:59 pm. (yup, two hours of pushing, it's called labor for a reason)

So, from start to finish, 15 hours? (all times are approximate, )
    Melissa, Mama to Oscar Leopold.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9653103

Seb: Water broke around 2 am. Got pit when we arrived at the hospital, he was born after almost 3 hours of pushing at 2:45ishpm.

Bronwen: Got to the hosputal around noon. Labored at home until they started to pick up but had my first official ctx at 6 or so AM. She was born after being complete for maybe a half hour at 3:30ish pm.

Linus: Didnt realize I was in labor. Had a mw appointment and she checked me for dilation and I was almost 6 so she followed me home. We got home at 1 or so and Linus was born at 4:30ish.

Vio: Started with ctx in the early morning hours of 1/20. Everyone arrived later that morning (I was gbs positive so had to make sure the mw could do treatments). Ended up not having her until 3:15am on 1/21!

Wolfgang: No clue I was in active labor. Regular ctx but not at all painful etc. MW came to check me because she was in the area and found me to be 8 cm! He was born a little after 2 that afternoon...ctx had begun mid morning.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

I was induced right before 42 weeks. We started the induction around 5 am (pitocin and they eventually broke my water) and he was born at 1:48 am the next day. Unfortunately, he was in a bad position and I had excruciating back labor for 17 or so hours. When I finally got the epidural around 11:45 pm, my body could relax and he turned enough that I could finally work with the contractions instead of tensing up and passing out from the pain. I think things would have gone much faster if he was in a better position and I didn't have back labor (ugh, I actually fractured my tailbone during labor) or if I'd opted for an epidural or something earlier. After the epidural, I went from a 5 to 10 in an hour and a half or so and had about 25 minutes of pushing. I wish I'd had a doula! My friend had a really fantastic one who helped her get her baby into the correct position and so on, amazing.

So, 20 hours-ish
    Mama to my dear little bear <3

Quote Originally Posted by kungfualex View Post
    I'm pretty sure if I'd gone in on the 13th, I would have had him on Valentine's day but I think that's a bad day to have as a birthday b/c if you're single then not only are you single on V-day and your birthday, all your friends are on dates instead of throwing you a party. Leap day, however, would be kind of cool b/c you could make jokes like this woman I know who turned "8" last year.
    Bronwen was actually born on Valentine's day, and due on a leap year. We thought it would have been cool to have a leap year baby, but that would have meant me going almost 2 weeks over my edd which would not have been cool. So far she likes her special birthday, we will see when she gets older what she thinks but for now at least she likes it and we always have of course.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)