Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    Funnily enough when I was admitted on the 28th I was hoping I could hold on long enough to Have him on Leap Day, since I thought that would be rad. He was born a bit before four AM on 3/1/12.
    I'm pretty sure if I'd gone in on the 13th, I would have had him on Valentine's day but I think that's a bad day to have as a birthday b/c if you're single then not only are you single on V-day and your birthday, all your friends are on dates instead of throwing you a party. Leap day, however, would be kind of cool b/c you could make jokes like this woman I know who turned "8" last year.

The first time around, I got to 37 weeks, and my bp went up to about 150/90 (actually, I think I was 37w5d). My doctor sent me home to rest, and lay on my left side. I went back in a couple days later and it was 154/94. I would be 38 weeks the next day, so rather than risk it going up further, she sent us to the hospital to begin induction. I had cervidil (same as cytotec?) placed in around 3pm. They monitored baby's heart rate for about an hour, and then sent us to go walk around. I think around 7, we went back to our room. Anyway, around midnight, my back was aching quite a bit, so I had a morphine shot, so I could try to get some rest. Around 730am, my dr was finishing up her shift, and came in to check on me. I was pretty uncomfortable, and she said I was 3/4 cms, and having real contractions. When did labour really begin? I'm not sure. She took the cervidil out and told me she would let the nurses know, and get me moved over to labour and delivery. She left, and I thought I'd better take that time to brush my teeth and wash my face. When I stood up, my water broke. Things happened quickly after that. I eventually asked for an epidural, and as it was being put in, I felt the urge to push. I let him finish, since I wasn't supposed to move. As soon as it was in, I pushed, but Willow's heart rate dropped. I think I pushed once or twice more, and her heart rate dropped again. The dr place the vacuum on her head, and on the next push, she was out. Born at 1044am. The epidural never even had time to work

The second time around, I was sure the outcome would be the same, so I tried several times to talk to my dr about induction, but he wasn't interested. I had a different dr than I had with Willow. Just as I knew it would, my bp increased around the middle of week 37. Again, it wasn't an emergency, but since I was almost 38 weeks, I was put on the induction list. Around 2pm the next day, I was called to come in (I was 38 wks that day). Around 5pm, I had a Foley bulb placed in, and we walked to the cafeteria to get some supper. Headed back to the room around 6. Went to the bathroom, and the bulb came right out. I don't think they expected it to work so quickly because I then had to wait until about 1030pm to be moved to l&d. Finally got over there, and they discussed how to proceed. I insisted that I wanted to try breaking my water, since Willow came so quickly after that. Dr agreed around 11pm. Contractions picked up quickly and I got an epidural around 3am, so I could rest. My nurse came to check on me at about 420am. I was ready to push. She asked me to do a trial push to see how I would do, but then yelled at me to stop, since the head was right there. They called the dr, got the room set up, and in about 2 pushes, Veda was out. Born around 445am.
    Last edited by labmama; March 30th, 2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling

2 hrs and then 9 min of pushing. 1st baby, no drugs. My body wanted to get it done!

I will say my water had broken two days before and we were just waiting at the hospital for labor to kick in.
    *Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/
    Liliana Wren/ Georgiana Snow/ Eugenie Marigold*

*Osias Grey/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn/
    Jasper August/ *

I had an "emergency induction" because my blood pressure was slightly elevated, like 130/85. I felt fine, and I felt perfectly normal when I walked into the hospital the next morning. I was in labor for almost 24 hours from from the start of induction to the csection. I only made it to 4 cm, and then my body wouldn't progress any further. Something tells me I would have if I wasn't forced into an induction though. My body just wasn't ready, I was only 3 days past my due date.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by labmama View Post
    I had cervidil (same as cytotec?) placed in around 3pm.
    They're different meds.

Quote Originally Posted by rowangreeneyes View Post
    I only made it to 4 cm
    I was already 3-4cm dilated when I started my induction, but I had been for a week. 130/85 doesn't sound high enough to warrant emergency status. I'm sorry you wound up having surgery.