Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: What's the best nickname for Margo?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mimi

9 32.14%
  • Gigi

11 39.29%
  • Madge

8 28.57%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cutest nickname for Margo?

I've narrowed down the nicknames for Margo to three: Mimi, Gigi and Madge. Which one do you think is the best? I'm leaning towards Mimi because the way my son says it is so cute. My only concern with Mimi is the kids call my mom Mema, which sounds kind of similar, do you think that will be a problem?
    I know Margo is short and doesn't need a nickname, but I like the idea anyway.
    Thanks so much for your input, Berries!

I do think Mimi is probably too close to Mema, sorry. Gigi and Madge are cute, though! Gigi is a bit more cutesy, but I think it still ages well. And Madge has a more vintage feel. I think of The Hunger Games--while it's a bit of a GP, haha, I still think Madge is a great character in it. I think Go/Gogo might be sort of fun, too, in a weird GP sort of way. Maggie is still my favorite nn for Margo, but if it's down to these three, I find Gigi to be the more usable (and cute!) nn, but Madge is a pretty big GP of mine, so I really love that, too.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Well I voted for GiGi because of the issue with grandma's name, but really I'd just go with Margo. It's so short and it already has a nickname feel to me.

Isn't Margo short enough? I don't really think it needs a nickname. To me Gigi and Mimi don't make much sense since it's the same amount of syllables, so Madge is the only one that really makes sense.... though I still see it as unnecessary, but to each their own.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I don't think Margo needs a nickname.
    All the best,
    Mischa.