Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Sawyer & Wren

favorite names:

Jane Cosima or Jane Casimira | Fiona Carys Ann | Gwyneth Carissa or Gwyneth Cosima|
    Naomi | Thea | Evangeline | Teagan | Louisa

Owen Drake or Owen Casimir | Benjamin Drake | Bennett Dylan | Asher | Dylan | Griffin| Nolan | Everett | Reid | Drake | Odin | Kieran

Or Romilly. I love Rowan, it was on my long list. Couldn't sell it or Romilly to my partner though!

Wynne is a pretty suggestion too.
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*

It seems like you and the hubby are drawn to similar sounds as well as the letter W, haha. I really love Sawyer as a sister to Rowan.

Unfortunately I agree with everyone who's said that Wren is too close. For me they have almost the exact same sound and the only difference is the syllable count. I'm not exactly sure how to explain the way I hear it but it's a bit like if you take the O out of Rowan... To make it more like Rwan and Wren, if that's any clearer? You've been getting a lot of great suggestions though. I think Asher could probably work well on a girl. I've never considered that before but I kind of like the option for you (I know you're fond of that name but worried about it's popularity for the boys... it would certainly be much more of a standout choice on a girl in my opinion). I also really like Merit. Along the lines of Cameron you may like Candace or Cadence. Good luck! I always love reading your choices. =]
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

I've always loved Sawyer too! I know a lot of people get mad about how unisex it is but I think it's adorable on a girl. I love Wren but I agree that it's too close to Rowan Maybe Lark or Bridget "Birdie"? Other suggestions;

Hayden
    Blake
    Ivy
    Audrey Cecilia - Jude Alexander - Christian Nathaniel - Violet Annabelle - Felicity Charlotte - and introducing Isaac Benjamin

My babies!

Quote Originally Posted by amydomsmom View Post
    It seems like you and the hubby are drawn to similar sounds as well as the letter W, haha. I really love Sawyer as a sister to Rowan.

Unfortunately I agree with everyone who's said that Wren is too close. For me they have almost the exact same sound and the only difference is the syllable count. I'm not exactly sure how to explain the way I hear it but it's a bit like if you take the O out of Rowan... To make it more like Rwan and Wren, if that's any clearer? You've been getting a lot of great suggestions though. I think Asher could probably work well on a girl. I've never considered that before but I kind of like the option for you (I know you're fond of that name but worried about it's popularity for the boys... it would certainly be much more of a standout choice on a girl in my opinion). I also really like Merit. Along the lines of Cameron you may like Candace or Cadence. Good luck! I always love reading your choices. =]
    I do like Asher for a girl. I guess I will add it to my list. It's mostly me that loves O's and W's in names... hubby just looks over my lists. He is much more adventurous and daring with his choices, for an example, his 2 favorites are Maharet for a girl and Prometheus for a boy. He loves historic, mythological, and literary names. I do too, just to a lesser extent.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.