Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Sawyer & Wren

Quote Originally Posted by maltwin1 View Post
    To me its because they seem to start and end with the same sounds. When I pronounce them it feels like you just took the -ow out of Rowan and got Wren, almost like one could be a nickname for the other. I like them both and its like not like you'd be naming them Abigail and Abby, but they do feel like two names from the same vein.
    I see what you mean I guess. Obviously I'm drawn to similar sounds in names.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by dindlee View Post
    I think it's because they begin and end with the same sound. At least they do when I say them. I've just said them out loud a few times though and don't get tongue twisted so I think it could work. (This is particularly funny because I'm at the hairdresser and the whole salon just looked at me.)

I love your daughter's name and she's beautiful. And I know this is for girls, but Asher and Rowan as siblings gives me a name high!
    Thank you! Do you mean Asher for a girl? I have considered it but I'm worried about the popularity of the name in general, it might become the next Aidan.

I am not a big fan of sawyer, it feels more male to me than unisex. I love marit and merit with Rowan! I also like the suggested Waverly. Wren and Rowan are definitely too close. It may be a poor analogy, but it would be like naming your sons Dwayne and Dane.......the sounds are simply too repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by rowangreeneyes View Post
    Thank you! Do you mean Asher for a girl? I have considered it but I'm worried about the popularity of the name in general, it might become the next Aidan.
    At the risk of universal NB hatred, I'm not opposed to Asher on a girl. Do still prefer it on a boy, however, as I feel it's still too far in the boys' camp.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014