Names Searched Right Now:
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Sawyer & Wren

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Wylie reminds me of the Road Runner cartoon character of Wile E. Coyote. The similar word "wily" means "cunning" or "tricky" so I really don't like the name for either gender. Also, Rowan and Wylie would make quite the tongue twister if said together.
    The first thought that came to my mind is the "tricky and cunning" reference.
    I also think that Wylie sounds like someone trying to say Rylie.
    Not my style.
    It just isn't on the same level as Rowan in my opinion.
    I think Merit is still the strongest suggestion so far. It sounds great with Rowan!
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie413 View Post
    The first thought that came to my mind is the "tricky and cunning" reference.
    I also think that Wylie sounds like someone trying to say Rylie.
    Not my style.
    It just isn't on the same level as Rowan in my opinion.
    I think Merit is still the strongest suggestion so far. It sounds great with Rowan!
    Maybe the Coyote and tricky connection is too strong with Wylie. I think it's adorable though.

Merit is definitely on the list, I haven't presented it to my husband yet though. I was wondering if I should spell it Merit or Merritt? I know technically they are 2 different names, one being a virtue type name and the other a surname. Does it matter?
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I also love Rowan and it has been on my girl list for years... I am carrying my second set of twins, due this fall and need to get girl names I like too.

I skimmed most of this thread... Wanted to Add that your Eleanor could be Lenore and short form Nola or Nora.
    Laurel is a natural name too. Some writers of blogs I read have unique names for their kids... Finley, Reverie: daydream, Boheme: (re: Bohemian) Gypsy; a person, as an artist or writer who lives and acts free of regard for conventional rules and practices. I like Dakota with Cody as the short version. Elliot, Mackenzie (Kenzie), Lark, Lux. There is Katniss (like hunger games).

I'm struggling too... there are names I love the idea of but can't see giving my child.

My son is Sullivan Archer. His twin was Emmitt Erving. I like older Irish-y sounding surnames and quirky middle names I guess for boys at least... girls I like masculine unisex names that are a little off the beaten path or relate to nature.

I really like Sawyer, and while I prefer it on boys, it does sound really good with Rowan. I absolutely love Rowan (it is my own name after all!).

My favourite unisex name for girls is Emerson, but I'm not sure how well it would go with Rowan with the end sounds being so similar. I don't know why, but today I'm really liking Jericho as a unisex name, you could use Rhee as a nn maybe. I also really like Baize, which I think is pretty and unusual and Circe which is an all time favourite of mine.

I realise I'm basically giving you names that I like, but they can't sound terrible with Rowan or I wouldn't be able to use them either.

I think Mercy, Verena, Fifer and Ottoline might work too.

Quote Originally Posted by rowangreeneyes View Post

Merit is definitely on the list, I haven't presented it to my husband yet though. I was wondering if I should spell it Merit or Merritt? I know technically they are 2 different names, one being a virtue type name and the other a surname. Does it matter?

I think the look of Merit is much prettier when spelled out in front of you.

Rowan and Merit

vs

Rowan and Merritt

Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~