Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I have a very common last name (in the top 50 surnames here in the US), so when I Google a name with my last name (I'm planning to keep my ln when I get married, due to me being an author), links for social media pop up. I do go on this site called How Many of Me?, which tells you how many people in the US have the same first and last name combo and also gives associations.

But I often Google the first and last name of my book characters. I changed my main character's name from Persephone Aria when I went on Google Images... With common names, I don't think you need to worry, but with names that haven't been in the US top 1000 often bring up less than satisfying images.

But honestly, unless it's a well known reference or something that is very close (i.e. if your surname was Saylin and you wanted to name your son Joseph, it's not something I'd worry about.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

Mmmm I am still debating a 'bad google' name mesh.
    Our LN isn't very common and neither is the FN I thought of.
    Phoebe Eliza Grace arrived after 2 Years of IVF

I didn't google my son's name before using it. He has my grandfather's middle (that he went by) as his first and they have the same (very common) last name. I'm curious now but even if the search turned up a notorious serial killer that I'd somehow never heard of myself there's no association that could overpower it being my grandpa's name. Also, any negative association that might happen in the future a) couldn't have been predicted and b) will also not be able to replace the positive association of my child having worn the name for however long at that point, though he might find it problematic.

How Many of Me is fun! Right now there are 3 of me in the U.S. After my name change, I will be one of 164. My son is one of 46. That could be an interesting tool if you're trying to balance an uncommon and common first and last name combo.

I do this all the time for my name combos. I have to admit that coming across really negative connections make me rethink of my choices.