Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 5 of 40

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Girls' Names....Things just got real.

    Hello, denizens of Nameberry. I'm new here and on a mission. You see, my husband and I are expecting girl triplets, and we've been, well, a bit lax about finding names for the past 6 months. Getting everything else prepped for the arrival of the girls (the FIRST birth, too!) has taken dominance over what they will be called. But now that I'm in the final trimester, it finally hit me that this journey is almost over. Our daughters will be here soon. They need names, because I don't want to be at the hospital and regret what ends up on those birth certificates forever, and hopefully they won't either.

    I've asked family, friends, and in-laws for suggestions but all I've gotten is cheesy, painfully multiple-cliche names. I got a recommendation from my SIL, who apparently lurks here sometimes. She said there were a bunch of fantastic lists here...but I'm looking for more personal aid.

    So, I'm hopelessly lost when it comes to names, and the hubby's no help either. I tend to like classic names that are familiar yet uncommon, a la Vivienne and Cecilia (those would be top contenders, but then I realized how very popular they are, especially here in the Midwest). Any suggestions to start with? Thanks a bunch, I think I'll owe you all eternal servitude by the time this is over!

    ~Celestia

  2. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    236
    ... Triplet girls? Oh my. Um. Hmm. Do you have any particular plans for the middle names, family names perhaps?

    Cecilia is a lovely, pretty, classic sort of name, and I don't think it's popular enough that it should dissuade you from using it, but I'm not in the Midwest so I may be wrong.

    Beatrice
    Phoebe
    Alice
    Madeline
    Clara

    (I'm just throwing things out there, can you tell? xD)

  3. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemorning View Post
    ... Triplet girls? Oh my. Um. Hmm. Do you have any particular plans for the middle names, family names perhaps?

    Cecilia is a lovely, pretty, classic sort of name, and I don't think it's popular enough that it should dissuade you from using it, but I'm not in the Midwest so I may be wrong.

    Beatrice
    Phoebe
    Alice
    Madeline
    Clara

    (I'm just throwing things out there, can you tell? xD)
    I actually think Beatrice is really gorgeous!

    I know, multiples are more likely for women who have had 4+ prior births or twins beforehand, and most parents with triplets are a lot older than us, too. I'm actually worried sometimes it'll be a bit much to handle-but that's what grammas are for, right?

    Maybe Anna or Susan for my mom and grandmother in terms of middle names.

  4. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,514
    Quote Originally Posted by celestia View Post
    I know, multiples are more likely for women who have had 4+ prior births or twins beforehand, and most parents with triplets are a lot older than us, too.
    This is completely false.

    Most parents with triplets have them due to Assisted Reproductive Technology; the rate of spontaneous triplets is quite low but not at all age-dependent.

    And most parents of triplets who are "in the last trimester" are gearing up for the arrival of premature, sick babies, since the average gestational age at delivery is 32 weeks.
    Blade, MD

    XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

    Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

    كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

  5. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    This is completely false.

    Most parents with triplets have them due to Assisted Reproductive Technology; the rate of spontaneous triplets is quite low but not at all age-dependent.

    And most parents of triplets who are "in the last trimester" are gearing up for the arrival of premature, sick babies, since the average gestational age at delivery is 32 weeks.
    I'm always a little suspicious of triplet claims... :???:

    We have a friend who is a triplet, and he always jokes he was "the lucky one" because one of his brothers is severely developmentally delayed and the other is hearing impaired. His parents did IVF to get pregnant because they were in their mid 40's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •