Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Name meaning means EVERYTHING to me. I only consider names with a thoughtful meaningful connection.

I definitely do care. Boy or girl, whatever the name means is what you're calling your child when you say it. No Claudias or Cecilias for me.
    Nathaniel . Eden | Alessandra . Noel

It depends on the name, and what the meaning is. Fiance and I liked Mia for our little one, but it's meaning (as well as it's popularity) turned us off of it. In school, he and I both had to do assignments on our name meanings. I got laughed at when I announced to my 11th grade/year class, that my first name, in fact, means a field of hay, because I am from a small farming town, and went to school in a larger city. The name Ainsleigh, however, is one that I love at the moment, but, it means 'a hermit's habitat in the woods', so we're still on the fence about it. I think, unless the meaning would provoke school teasing, it's not my priority, whereas popularity is a massive one for me.
    Mummy to Felicity Grace

Considering; Violet McKenna|Nicola Verity|Verity Elise| Clara Jasmine|Jasmine Oliviana

Robert(Bobby) Patrick|Duncan Edward|Mark William|Thomas Henry

For me, it's totally important. But it's not the sole factor. I wouldn't use a name with a great meaning if I don't love it.
    Cynthia/Luna
    twenty-something name nerd. infj

Seraphina Juliette Liv. Evangeline Laetitia Odette. Catalina Ariadne. Valentina Bellatrix Yvaine
    Violetta Catherine Lenore. Isabelle Faustina Clare. Valencia Lyra Amoret. Rosalind Belphoebe
    Clementine Audrey Rowena. Annabelle Helena Lúthien. Vanessa Rose Aphrodite

Peregrine Cedric. Gavriel Alexander Callum. James Luca Auberon. Caspian Felix
    Perseus Arthur Flynn. Cassius Jason Amadeus. Damien Alexei Orion

I care about the meaning! I love the sound of the name Cassius for a boy but would never use it as it means 'hollow/empty'. I definately wouldn't choose a name only because I like the meaning but it plays a role in my choice for sure!!