Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Name meaning means EVERYTHING to me. I only consider names with a thoughtful meaningful connection.

I definitely do care. Boy or girl, whatever the name means is what you're calling your child when you say it. No Claudias or Cecilias for me.
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

It depends on the name, and what the meaning is. Fiance and I liked Mia for our little one, but it's meaning (as well as it's popularity) turned us off of it. In school, he and I both had to do assignments on our name meanings. I got laughed at when I announced to my 11th grade/year class, that my first name, in fact, means a field of hay, because I am from a small farming town, and went to school in a larger city. The name Ainsleigh, however, is one that I love at the moment, but, it means 'a hermit's habitat in the woods', so we're still on the fence about it. I think, unless the meaning would provoke school teasing, it's not my priority, whereas popularity is a massive one for me.
    Mummy to Felicity Grace

Considering; Violet McKenna|Nicola Verity|Verity Elise| Clara Jasmine|Jasmine Oliviana

Robert(Bobby) Patrick|Duncan Edward|Mark William|Thomas Henry

For me, it's totally important. But it's not the sole factor. I wouldn't use a name with a great meaning if I don't love it.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

I care about the meaning! I love the sound of the name Cassius for a boy but would never use it as it means 'hollow/empty'. I definately wouldn't choose a name only because I like the meaning but it plays a role in my choice for sure!!