Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: nickname

nickname

What nickname could be used for the name Astrid, if any?

I don't know any Astrids but I've heard Aster discussed on the boards as a nn for Astrid. You could also do something with initials- say if her name was Astrid Natalia Anderson she could be nicknamed Ana or Annie. Or pick a nickname based on a personality trait- e.g. Sunny if she's always cheerful.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by bonfireazalea View Post
    I don't know any Astrids but I've heard Aster discussed on the boards as a nn for Astrid. You could also do something with initials- say if her name was Astrid Natalia Anderson she could be nicknamed Ana or Annie. Or pick a nickname based on a personality trait- e.g. Sunny if she's always cheerful.
    Those are both good ideas! Thanks! I'm don't know how I would do the initial thing (our last name starts with a D) but the character trait is neat!

Astrid is too beautiful to be shortened to anything. But Aster would be a cute option. Addie, Attie and Didi could also work. Maybe even Trudy?

Quote Originally Posted by norskelove View Post
    Astrid is too beautiful to be shortened to anything. But Aster would be a cute option. Addie, Attie and Didi could also work. Maybe even Trudy?
    I completely agree, while I'm still deciding if I like the almost blunt sound of it, I think it is such a neat name that doesn't need to be shortened. I was just wondering if there was an option for a nn. That's when a cute character trait nn would be cute for Daddy to call her by but still be known to everyone else as Astrid. Thanks for the feedback!