Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What do you think of changing name spellings?

Is there times when it is okay? I do think sometimes it definitely cheapens the name. Adding in a y instead of an i is weird for me. But I do like spelling May like Mae. For some reason it makes it feel more like a name to me. What do you think about changing spellings?

I don't care for spelling changes. Especially for a child it can be challenging and confusing. Multiple questions throughout their life too.

Spelling changes, imo, is up to you. Personally, I feel there are some names where it's totally fine i.e Brice/Bryce, I prefer the Y. Something like Olivia to Alivyah, is something i'm not a huge fan of. But again, totally up to you, you're the one who gives birth to the child! But yes, you will also have to deal with the confusion and questions later in life if you do decide some extreme spelling changes!

Sometimes it's fine (like Mae or May), but creative spellings generally aren't great, in my opinion.
    TTC #1

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I have no problem whatsoever with minor spelling changes. Replacing one letter with a y or adding an extra l is certainly no big deal to me, but trying to go from Cadence to Khey'Dynnse is a bit much. It doesn't even look like the same name. Abigail to Abigayle, no big deal. Jonathan to Jhonnathynne, kinda ridiculous.
    ~Meaghan Marie (26) & John Michael (27)~
    ~ Aubriella Braelyn (1/20/07) ~ Kaia Avalon (10/28/2008) ~ Aidyn Ryker (10/13/09) ~
    ~ Taylee-Rose Amethyst (1/22/12) ~ Lyric Amelie (7/27/13) ~ Baby #6 due (9/21/14) ~

Coralie ~ Rhiannon ~ Rowan ~ Guinevere ~ Taryn ~ Aveline ~ Saoirse ~ Ember ~ Aspen ~ Acacia
    Asher ~ Evander ~ Tobias ~ Merrick ~ Jasper ~ Avery ~ Sebastien ~ Rune ~ Emrys ~ Atreyu