Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I've always loved writing so for me some names just have a 'look' to them that I can clearly picture. Chloe has short blonde hair, Charlotte is pale with black hair, and Abel has expressive gray eyes. But just because some people picture names a certain way doesn't mean that you shouldn't use a name that you love. Names aren't limited to appearance.
    Sylvie | Ronan | Genevieve | August
    [formerly nj003]

I'll admit that it always seems a little odd to me when someone has a name that is very obviously from a different culture than they are, but I don't think it's a bad thing. It just makes me go "huh?" It's curious. And there are some names that I do associate with certain features just because of namesakes I'm familiar with or the name's meaning or whatever. I don't think that means people who look different shouldn't have that name or it can't fit them, I'd just have to get used to it.

I think it's really silly though, in some other thread someone was saying "why would you name a baby Hazel if she doesn't have hazel eyes?" and "I wonder if my friend's mom realizes she gave her blonde daughter a name that means "dark-hair". You don't necessarily know when your baby is born what color eyes or hair they have - the majority of babies are born with bluish-greyish eyes and are bald! And even my daughter, who was born with a full head of dark brown hair and blue eyes so dark they almost look purple, now has strawberry blonde curls and bright blue eyes. Babies change so SO much in the first year and you can't exactly wait until their 1st birthday to name them to make sure your bald little Crispin's hair grows in curly or that your Violet's eyes stay violet!

Quote Originally Posted by anotherkate View Post
    I say this with the full knowledge that I'm probably going to need an independent third party to tell me if my kid really IS good looking. Because I'm probably only going to see perfection, at least while the hormones are still flying
    All newborn babies look like little pink aliens. You're not going to know if your kid is truly good-looking for...well, years probably! LOL! I mean, first they go through the "poopy, snotty, puke-on-everything phase", followed shortly thereafter by the "awkward, gangly, and missing-teeth phase", them the "sweaty and pimply and possibly-wearing-braces phase". Maybe you'll be able to give your kid a name as their high school graduation present. You'll know by then if they can pull off something unusual. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by thatkathryngirl View Post
    All newborn babies look like little pink aliens. You're not going to know if your kid is truly good-looking for...well, years probably! LOL! I mean, first they go through the "poopy, snotty, puke-on-everything phase", followed shortly thereafter by the "awkward, gangly, and missing-teeth phase", them the "sweaty and pimply and possibly-wearing-braces phase". Maybe you'll be able to give your kid a name as their high school graduation present. You'll know by then if they can pull off something unusual. :-P
    This made my day! So funny.
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

Haha, there are some names that I think fit better for someone with certain physical features. It's mainly because I know someone with those characteristics or I've seen someone one tv.

Stella- Blonde, blue eyes
    Mercedes (Sadie)- Redhead, green eyes
    Victoria- Brunette, brown eyes
    Claudia- Black hair, green eyes
    Morgan- Blonde, blue eyes
    Jessica- Brunette, brown eyes

Adam- Brunette, brown eyes
    Jonathan- Brown or Black, hazel eyes
    Timothy- Brown hair, brown eyes
    Cole- Blonde, blue eyes
    My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeline Hope, Stella Bridget, Emilia Ruby, Clara ?, Fiona Lily, Bridget Amelia, Lydia Charlotte, Eliza Phoebe, Tabitha ?

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Roman Isaiah, Joel ?, Liam Anthony, Dawson Cole, Leeland Gabriel, Greyson Jeremiah, Wesley ?, Quinn ?, Griffin Miles,