Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I personally don't think any name can only fit one specific look.

I have names on my list that i prefer for different looks. Florence or Rosamund, for example, is a dark-haired, brown-eyed girl, while Clementine could be more light-featured. It wouldn't keep me from using the name if my kid looked differently than what i expected, but i so have those preconceived ideas. My future kids could range from pale-skinned blonds or or redheads to very tan brunettes with my genetic background, and I'm going to use the names on my list regardless.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

This will sound terrible. But. Some names...I'll call them 'fun' names. Names that are a little quirky, a little unique, a little off-kilter. I think they work amazingly on good-looking kids. And are awful on ugly kids. I know that's horrible! But an ugly Guinevere? An ugly Quincy? An ugly Horace? Basically what I'm saying is if you're going to go weird, you better pray you have a good-looking kid who can get away with it. Other than that, nah.

For some reason, I can't picture the name Stella on anyone but a blonde. But that's the only name I have a real strong imagery for.

Quote Originally Posted by lizgingermitch View Post
    This will sound terrible. But. Some names...I'll call them 'fun' names. Names that are a little quirky, a little unique, a little off-kilter. I think they work amazingly on good-looking kids. And are awful on ugly kids. I know that's horrible! But an ugly Guinevere? An ugly Quincy? An ugly Horace? Basically what I'm saying is if you're going to go weird, you better pray you have a good-looking kid who can get away with it. Other than that, nah.
    Lol!! Definitely! I've thought this so often, and extend it to include really old fashioned, 'frumpy' names in addition to just weird names. A beautiful name goes a long way... A weird name is harder to pull off on an... offbeat looking kid.
    I say this with the full knowledge that I'm probably going to need an independent third party to tell me if my kid really IS good looking. Because I'm probably only going to see perfection, at least while the hormones are still flying