Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I think Amity or Artemis are both great with your last name and follow your description of either kind of historic or pilgrim names. I think in USA Amity is more rare but it could just be by my area.
    I don't think Pearl, Ivy or Celementine go great with your last name.

Sad you can't use Xanthe, I love that name. Pearl is a lovely name, but I don't think it works well with Irwin, and would avoid 'err' sounds.

Here are my suggestions:
    Thisbe (sigh... love this one as much as Xanthe). Has Greek and Shakespearean associations...
    Zenaida (there are several spellings/possible pronunciations on that, but such a lovely name), it means "life of Zeus."

Also, I love Claudia and Leda which have already been suggested.

A couple of other suggestions- how about Agate instead of Pearl for a gem-type name? It's a bit more under the radar than Ruby or Emerald...

What about Magnolia instead of Amaryllis? It has some great nickname options. It maybe doesn't have the mythological history of some of the other names, but it also stays away from the difficult territory that comes with that (a lot of nymphs run into trouble...).

Best of luck and let us know what you choose!

GREEK MYTHOLOGY
    Charis pro. sha-riss - Rissy, Chas
    Maia pro. my-a
    Imera pro. Im-air-a - Immy, Mera
    Gaia pro. Guy-a
    Phoebe - Bebe, Bee
    Theia pro. thay-a
    Leto pro. Leet-oh
    Rhea
    Selene - Lenny, Nell, Nelly, Lee,
    Hebe pro. hee-bee
    Semele pro. sem-ee-lee - Mimi, Milly
    Metis pro. mee-tiss - Tissa
    Danae pro. dan-eye - Dani
    Thalia pro. Tar-lee-ya - Thali, Lee, Lia, Ali

PILGRIM NAMES
    Constance - Connie, Tansy
    Amity - Ammie, Mimi, Tee
    Desire

ALSO
    True/Truth
    Cadence - Cadi, Cassie

I hope you like some of these. I have friends in private schooling, England, and they are named:

Alice
    Stephanie
    Penelope
    Rosa
    Zoe
    Roselle
    Giselle Lydia Chiara Darcy Lowri Cleo Nova Fleur Noelle Giovanna Mathilde Flora Susannah Maia Jude David Rueben Theo Raphael Arthur Lance Vinny Marcus James Rowan Henry Christopher

I hope I can help you find a name as stunning as Iris. I've always found Iris to be gorgeous!

Antigone (daughter of Oedipus. Perhaps not the greatest meaning/story. But the name is extraodinarily pretty spoken.)
    Astyoche/Astyocheia (name of many from Greek mythology.)
    Euphrosyne (name of an Empress, princess, actress, saint, and more. The name is grounded in history and literature & art surrounds it.)
    Evadne (Greek like Ariadne, but more unusual. A daughter of Poseidon and bore Apollos son, Iamus ("son of the violets").
    Henioche (means charioteer. found in Greek Mythology.)
    Iphigenia (daughter of Agamemnon & Clytemnestra. Agamemnon was forced to sacrifice her to allow ships to sail to Troy.)
    Loveday (Old English name for children born on Loveday. It was used as a boys and girls name)
    Orithyia (daughter of King Erechtheus of Athens. Was abducted by the North Wind and written of by Plato. Greek Mythology.)
    Pelopia (Greek mythology: daughter of Thyestes, daughter of Pelias, daughter of Cycnus and one of the Niobid.)
    Perimele (Greek myth: daughter of Hippodamas. Loved by Achelous and was pushed of a cliff for it. Achelous prayed to Poseidon to keep her safe. She floats on the waves and eventually turns into an island, known today as Perimele.)

Virtue names:
    Agape (both Greek & virtue)
    Blythe
    Clarity (nn. Clare)
    Desire
    Felicity
    Liberty
    Lucidity (nn. Lucy)
    Merit
    Mirth
    Revere
    Serene
    Swift
    Verity (one of my very favorite virtue names. Though I prefer Vesper, the star.)

First of all let me say that I love your eldest daughter's name. Its so pretty.

I like all the names you have picked out, you cannot go wrong with them. Though Ivy does seem to close to Iris.

Here are a few more suggestions: (sorry for any repeats!)

Greeek/Roman Mythology:

Aella
    Clio
    Medea
    Melia
    Nephele
    Phaedra
    Pomona
    Vesta

Others:

Betony
    Sela