Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Names that fit my list

I enjoy having a BUNCH of great names to choose from so that I have options when my babies are born and it comes time to officially name them. However, I am a bit picky and have crossed out a lot of names (or saved them for later, just in case). My current list is very short as I have narrowed it down to just my favorites.

I am looking for unique/not-so-common names (preferably low or not in the top 1000, not just popular names with unique spellings). If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it! Here are my lists:

Girls:
    1. Holland
    2. Lou (Clementine as middle name)
    3. Clover
    4. James (my husband's name, potentially a middle name for Holland or Clover if not a first name)

Boys:
    1. Iver (we WILL be naming one of our sons this)
    2. Alaric

Other names I like or am considering:
    1. Freya
    2. Prue
    3. Ora
    4. Winter (for a boy)
    Last edited by tw2595; September 21st, 2016 at 03:50 AM.

I like all of your ideas for girls but my fave is Lou Clementine. Holland James is gorgeous and elegant. I like Prue Clementine too!

I like Iver! Is it pronounced eye-vurr or ee-vair (like Bon Iver, the singer)? I think I prefer the former. Alaric sounds romantic to me. Do you like the pair Iver Alaric? Or maybe that's too much er/ar sound. Alaric Winter is pretty.

Top choices:
    Winifred Hazel, Cordelia Violet
    Casper Hawthorne, Theodore Alcott

Daisy Ruby Violet Hazel June Louise Frances Clementine
    Winifred Josephine Beatrice Marion Cordelia Eleanor

Casper Theodore Oscar Oliver Henry Harry Archie Arthur
    August Jude Harvey Reuben Leo Leopold Linus Otto

I love the name Freya! Lou and Holland are my other favorites (not a fan of Prue). Maybe you might like the names Elodie, Wren, Esme, Flora, and Sage.

I love the name Winter, but I typically think of it as a girl's name. Boy names you might like include Colby, Thayer, Camden, Archer, and Rupert.
    Little Ladies:
    Adeline~Annalise~Eden~Ella~Elora~Esmeralda~Eve~Fio na~Flora~Freya~Isabel~Juliet~
    Lila~Leia~Scarlett~Seraphina~Tara~Thea~Quinn

Middles:
    Belle~Briar~Elise~Fleur~Grey~Lark~Layne~Louise~Sag e~Snow~Wren

Little Gents:
    Asher~Canaan~Cato~Caspian~Damian~Demetri~Emmett~Ev erett~Eli~Gideon~Hudson~Jack~Judah~
    Jude~Matteo~Peter~Rhett~Roman~Reuben~Samson~Sawyer ~Solomon~Silas~Thomas~Theo

Since you're using Iver for a boy, Clover is out. Iver and Clover don't go together. Iver and Winter seem problematic together, too, and so does Clover and Winter, for that matter.

I also think it would be strange to have your boys named extremely rare boy names, and then give your daughter and extremely common boy name. So I don't recommend James.

Lou strikes me as a masculine name next to gentle, arching boy names like Iver an Alaric! It sounds tough like a 1930s gangster!

I think Ora would be beautiful! Ora Holland, Ora James, Ora Clementine, or even Ora James Clementine would all be great names!

Holland is also nice and would work well, after that I like Freya (distant third, though).

Quote Originally Posted by cactusgram View Post
    I like all of your ideas for girls but my fave is Lou Clementine. Holland James is gorgeous and elegant. I like Prue Clementine too!

I like Iver! Is it pronounced eye-vurr or ee-vair (like Bon Iver, the singer)? I think I prefer the former. Alaric sounds romantic to me. Do you like the pair Iver Alaric? Or maybe that's too much er/ar sound. Alaric Winter is pretty.
    I'm glad you like my names! And we would pronounce it "eye-ver". If you had any name suggestions to add to the list, I'd love some help