Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davisellu View Post
    I love Clementine-- particularly because it was Winston Churchill's wife's name. I think of it as more historical than hipster (it still takes a brave hipster to use it). It sounds lovely and works well with your other daughter's name too, so I would definitely use it!
    I think hipsters are given a bad wrap (I am not a hipster, but I somehow find myself surrounded by them: children at my son's daycare include Clementine, Jasper, Linus and Lola!).

Also, when hipsters show up on a recent McDonald's commercial, I think it is mainstream that (at least nameberries?) don't want to be associated with ha ha!

The funny thing is, I named my son Atticus (have always loved the name, but get called out for being a hipster because of it) and was considering Eulalie, but worried I would forever be cemented into "hipsterville."

All that being said, Clementine is lovely, and I only know of the one at my hipster daycare - I don't think it will be overused, unlike hipster faves like Lola for instance (I know of three Lolas in different parts of the country, with another possible Lola on the way!).

Even though I am not a hipster, I do somehow like most the names on this list:
    http://nameberry.com/list/264/Hipster-Baby-Names
    No Reserves. No Retreats. No Regrets.

I love Clementine. I don't get a hipster vibe from it, but I also don't live in an area where there are many hipster babies running around. Eulalie and Clementine are a superb match.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by withinreason View Post
    I think hipsters are given a bad wrap (I am not a hipster, but I somehow find myself surrounded by them: children at my son's daycare include Clementine, Jasper, Linus and Lola!).

Also, when hipsters show up on a recent McDonald's commercial, I think it is mainstream that (at least nameberries?) don't want to be associated with ha ha!

The funny thing is, I named my son Atticus (have always loved the name, but get called out for being a hipster because of it) and was considering Eulalie, but worried I would forever be cemented into "hipsterville."

All that being said, Clementine is lovely, and I only know of the one at my hipster daycare - I don't think it will be overused, unlike hipster faves like Lola for instance (I know of three Lolas in different parts of the country, with another possible Lola on the way!).

Even though I am not a hipster, I do somehow like most the names on this list:
    http://nameberry.com/list/264/Hipster-Baby-Names
    Just wanted to clarify that I don't have anything against 'hipsters' (for want of a better word, really). In fact, I'd go as far to say that I'm on the verge of hipsterville myself! BUT... I am trying to avoid current naming trends because I don't want to fall into a trap of choosing a name that feels fresh and appealing now, but in 20 years people say "Oh... yeah that name was so hip in 2010-20".

I think Clementine runs this risk... Eul@lie? I very much doubt it. Just my opinion though... perhaps I'll eat my words in another 10 years.

Atticus is a great name. It's another one that I love but have similar concerns about as Clementine... but ultimately I think these names have so much more going for them that they will always retain their shine.

My Grandpa's name was Clement and I have been considering Clementine. I feel the same way about the nickname options, I really don't like Clem or Clemmie, but Minnie is OK. I don't really think it's every going to be too popular.

I love Clementine and didn't know it had a hipster vibe until I read this post--but I don't know many hipsters To me, it is classic and timeless and I love it!

Just out of curiosity, how do you pronounce your daughter's name? You-LAY-lee? You-LAL-lee? I'm intrigued by it but feel like I may be thinking of the pronunciation incorrectly.