Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Looking for Nature Names for Girls (we're picky!)

We're currently expecting #4, and it's our second girl. Our boys have family names with unusual middle names, and our daughter has an uncommon nature name with a family middle. We've decided we can both agree we like nature names for girls, so we're going to stick with that same naming convention.

Here's the thing - all of our children have uncommon names, but we are very picky about one point - they must be easy to spell and pronounce. As in, if you heard you can instinctively spell it, and if you see it there's no way you could mispronounce it.

Our top choice for this baby is Briar. We both love the sound of it, and see it working on a child and an adult. Have you guessed our issue yet? The alternate spelling of Brier is less common, but still legitimate. I also know of at least one boy named Bryer in our town, which makes me think there are even more misspelling opportunities we haven't thought of yet.

To give you an idea of our style, here are other names we're considering: Clover and Marigold - though we worry they're too cutesy. I do like that Marigold has some nickname possibilities that would work for an adult. Juniper was also in the running, but it's becoming a little too popular for our tastes. Anything in the top 1,000 is out.

Names that he likes but I vetoed: Cricket, Liberty (we're open to virtue names, too)
    Names that I like but he vetoed: Lilac, Fawn, Dove, Magnolia

Any other ideas?

Estella Lucia Cora Seraphina Xanthe Araminta Penelope Phaedra Hermione Clarissa
    Axel Oscar Hendrick Hans Percy Luca Dieter Augustus Cyrus Hugo Keats Ames

I don't think Clover or Marigold are cutesy compared to other names that you and husband like such as Cricket, Fawn and Dove. In fact, I think they are quite lovely.

Opal
    Lavender
    Flora
    Marguerite (french daisy)
    Viola
    Iris
    Paisley
    Ocean
    Wren
    Poppy

Love Clover & Marigold!

Some others you might consider......

Aspen
    Azalea
    Caraway
    Coral
    Magnolia
    Primrose
    Zinnia
    Indigo
    Opal
    Mercy
    Reverie
    Temperance
    True
    Truly

Good Luck!!
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot