Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Being half Norwegian I don't get the association to guns either, and I love guns. It might be the pronunciation as well, the way people talk about it I imagine people say gun-uhr, but it's pronounced GUHNN-ar.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Gunnar is actually a gp of mine! I really like it!!
    Fave girl combos: Anneliese Margueritte
    Fave boy combos: Benjamin Douglas nn Benji/Ben, Jackson Alexander, Josiah Joseph nn JoJo, Malachi Ry-something

Girls: Beza, Thea, Ada, Jovie, Asha, Lucy, Zia, Elise, Gianna nn Gigi, Camille, Quinn,
    Boys: Tobin nn Toby, Soren, William nn Will, Nicholas, Camden, Jameson, Elijah nn Eli, Caleb, Jacob, Thomas nn Tommy, Samuel nn Sam/Sammy, Brady, Jeremiah, Andrew, August, Jonas, Mojave

I don't like Gunnar. Nothing to do with the "violent" associations. I just don't like the name.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I think you should use it if you love it. Don't share it with your family if you think they may ruin it for you. What matters most is if you and your husband love the name. You give good reasons for liking Gunnar.

I like Gunnar! If it wasn't for DH being military (automatic gun association) and last name ending in -er I would consider it.
    But if you love it use it! Everyone else will come to like it.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire