Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

A sibling for Soren

I'm looking for a name that pairs well with my son, Soren. I LOVE the name Freya for a girl, and I really like the way that it sounds with Soren! I prefer names that are not very common yet not too unusual. I'm very stuck for boy names. I like Dahsiell, but I'm not really in love with it or anything else. I'm really very open to suggestions for both boy and girl names. I would love to find something that I haven't really considered. The middle will likely be something kind of hippy/nature inspired.

For example:
    Freya Willow
    Freya Bluebird

Thanks Berries!

Last edited by claireelise; March 26th, 2013 at 02:18 PM.
    TTC

Girls - decided!
    Boys - Arthur - Desmond - Edmund - Edwin - Frederick - so hard to choose!

My daughter was Freya for ten minutes! Then I chose our other choice of Phoebe! (I really love BOTH names and was so hard giving one up)!
    I think Soren and Freya are PERFECT together. I don't think any other girls suggestion will top it.
    So Boys suggestions:
    Rhys
    Oden
    Rafferty
    Felix
    Anders
    Leif
    Finn
    Xavier
    Sterling
    Magnus
    Espen
    Emmet
    Lars
    Anything that rocks your boat?

Thank you for the replies Ella and Claireelise!

I really like the name Anders, but just cannnot bear the nn Andy, which is probably unavoidable. Otto is reall cute and was on my short list while I was pregnant with Soren. I like the idea of keeping with the Scandinavian feel of Soren. Leif is great, and I am attracted to Rafferty and Rhys.
    I'm pretty stuck on Freya. I just love it, so it's fair to say that it will be my girl name! I'll find out one way or the other in a couple of weeks if I'm having a by or a girl! Can't wait!!
    I'll definitely be back for more advice! In the meantime it's great fun to create my lists and to be able to muse on both!

Freya is just perfect. Both Soren and Freya (or Søren and Freja, the original spellings) are scandinavian, so here's some other scandinavian boys names, as well as some that I just think sound good with Soren (and Freya.)

Odin
    Loke/Loki
    Oscar
    Thor
    Aksel/Axel
    Asmund
    Magnus
    Rasmus
    Bjorn
    Roald
    Clemens
    Stellan