Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Ozzie nn for Oscar?

I suggested the name Oscar to my husband and actually got a positive reaction! (a rare occurance.)
    He was wondering if you can use Ozzie as a nickname for Oscar as this was his stepfather's name who passed away and would mean a lot to his mother and him. We would use it as an occasional nickname not a name him Oscar but call him Ozzie thing.

Also what are other names that share the nickname Ozzie? I could only think of Oswald and I am not too keen on that.

My brother in laws name is Oscar and he gets called Oski... so Ozzie isnt a stretch! I say it would work!

Other names that could work are Osborne, Ozias/Osias, Osiris, Osmund/ Osmen, Oswell

I like Oscar though! Osborne is kinda cute as surname type name!... but then to call him ozzie is very... well "ozzie osborne!"
    boys names drive me crazy!

Go for it! Oscar is a lovely name and the nickname certainly works. I know an Oscar also called Ossi and co-workers used to call him Ozz as in the "Wizard of..." whenever he thought of some clever solution to a problem.

I know an Oscar irl (he is 3-4ish) who's parents call hm Ozzie. It's really cute and fits him well. I also have a friend whose son is named Oliver Zion and they call him Oz or Ozzie as his nn too, so you could do a first and middle name where you could have the combination...not "the norm" with many people ("Why not call him Ollie?!?!") but they get used to it.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

Congratulations for the yes from your husband and I love Oscar - if my sister hadn't bagged it for her list, it would definitely be on mine! And Ozzie is a natural nickname for Oscar I think. Ozymandias might be taking Ozzie a bit far but here are the ones I can think of that haven't been suggested (Joseph might work?):

Osmond/Osmund
    Osiel/Oziel
    Ostin (hmm, I slightly prefer Austin/Austen, and I suppose Ozzie could work for that too...)

Or these:

Ambroz
    Amoz
    Firoz
    Jozua (or just Joshua)
    Rozen

Aatos
    Adrastos
    Agoston/Agostos (perhaps August? But that might not stem so naturally...)
    Alexos/Alexios
    Amos
    Ambrosios
    Blasios
    Boston
    Boswell
    Cadmos (like, but prefer Cadmus)
    Costello
    Costner
    Cosmo
    Delos
    Foster
    Helios
    Joss
    Josias
    Linos
    Marcos (or Marcus)
    Milos
    Moss
    Mosiah/Moses
    Mikos
    Prosper
    Rosco/Roscoe
    Ross
    Tomos (Thomas)
    Titos

My favourites would be Oscar, August(us) or Rosco/Roscoe. Good luck!

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel-------------------------------Recent Fancies: Mads [boy] & Roxana [girl]