Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    I know I'm probably in the minority but most nurseries are far too saccharine for me.
    This is my sentiment exactly. DH and I walked into a Babies'R'Us, and we lasted a good 15 minutes before we swiftly exited. It was like a cotton candy sadist's nightmare to us.

My favorite style of "nursery" is one that looks like any other guest bedroom plus crib. Right now the second bedroom is dark forest green (previous owners' selection) with brown wood blinds and brown closet which works fine for a study. The previous homeowners left us so assaulted with wall colors it's all I can manage but pick neutrals (we have salmon AND pumpkin living room walls {tore down wood paneling already}, pepto pink bdrm, yellow spongy kitchen, dark maroon bath, etc). We'll use some shade of greige and add shutters like we did in our own bedroom. The nursery will pretty much be designed for my tastes, I already know I cannot deal with a screaming baby and walls screaming pastel butterflies/baseball at me. I need peace and calm.
    Last edited by poppy528; December 31st, 2013 at 03:35 PM.
    “And remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.” L. Frank Baum, The Wizard of Oz

Oh, my, I love your style Blade! That cradle is fantastico!

My style is very much mix and match. I love vintage and antique furniture, but no specific era. I love decorating, so much fun!

So we live in a rather big old house (one of those annoying ones with a billion half floors), and Rosalind has her very own nursery. It's wall in wall with our room, so when we move her in there at some point she'll be feet away from us and there's even a door linking it to ours. This will always be the nursery, she'll get a different room when she grows older, and there's another baby who needs it. Anyway, for now has a vintage moses basket (bassinett) in our bedroom.

The nursery...
    I'm not into the whole Disney theme things either, I painted all the walls in a delicate ivory shade. On one of the walls I've painted a fairytale mural, and in the ceiling I painted kind of a cloudy sky (I love clouds), but we're going to stick those see in the dark stars on there at some point as well. I put in a comfortable, velvet armchair for nursing and reading stories, a pale green/blue antique Italian dresser and table. Under the table there's room for baskets where I can put her toys away. On top there's room for a lamp, and all her books. The bed is a Danish classic, the Juno bed which will grow with her even when she leaves the nursery. It's a brilliant bed, and very very cute. The lamp in the ceiling is from Tord Boontje, Midsummer Light, as are the curtains Until Dawn. I am a huge fan of The Little White Company here in England, they make solid, pretty classic bedlinens (and clothes and all kinds of things, including some drop dead gorgeous bunnies Rosalind already has a dozen of..). I made the bedding myself though, and this is especially for Roo, I'll do the same for my other children. What else... a music box, some sweet hooks shaped as squirrels and birds, and a huge french mirror (over the table) in gilded wood.

I do need some more storage for her clothes, but I am keeping them with my things for now. And I'll see if I can take some decent photos to show you.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    The lamp in the ceiling is from Tord Boontje, Midsummer Light
    I like this (even though it doesn't match anything I own) but always wondered if it gives off more than 10 watts' worth of light?
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    I like this (even though it doesn't match anything I own) but always wondered if it gives off more than 10 watts' worth of light?
    That's the wonderful thing, Blade, it's just two pieces of paper you drape over a light bulb! You can choose any light bulb you want! And it has a "cone" that protects the paper from the light bulb.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

OMG Blad and Otter I love both of your styles.
    I think my style would probably be closest to Blade but on an Ikea-Grad school budget. lol. Very jealous.
    Otter the curtains and lamp are so you. I can just see the flower/forest like shadows they cast.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)