Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I mentioned Arthur to my mom today and she was not into it because "people would call him Art". Um, maybe in the 1950s or whenever you're from, mom. I don't know, I don't see Art and Artie as such natural nicknames of Arthur that people would start using them without even being given the go-ahead to do so. They're no "Mike" or "Matt," you know?

I've also seen some objections due to Arthur the aardvark, and I think because it was in the top 100 from 1880-1969 it does give off an old man/middle-age vibe to some. Every other objection I've heard - that I can think of - relates purely to aesthetics and simply not liking the sound of it.

Personally, though, I love Arthur. I don't expect that you'll be getting uniformly negative reactions on this board, and I'm actually surprised that you've gotten so much hate irl. Arthur really didn't click with me until I actually encountered a kid named Arthur, though...maybe that's all the Arthur-bashers you know need to change their minds?
    on my mind, for the moment

Daria | Athena | Ramona | Winifred | Maeve | Blythe | Nadine | Dorothea | Margot | Cyra | Renata | Hypatia | Junia | Thisbe

Flynn | Otto | Winston | Claude | Leif | Roald | Tavish | Lionel | Cormac | Tobin | Oswin | Rory | Damon | Tycho

Mildred "Red" ☆ Obedience "Bede" ☆ Relief "Leafy" ☆ Dorothea "Doro" ☆ Penelope "Pen" ☆ Ruth "Rue" ☆ Eudoxia "Exie"

I love Arthur. It's masculine but sweet
    ;-)

I love Arthur! But I love other names more.
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor June, Clara Sparling

I know a ten-year-old Arthur. He is very athletic and a clever boy.

I LOVE Arthur! It's in our top 3 for our baby who is due soon! I haven't received any bad comments on it on here or in real life. My Mum & my MIL both love it, too.
    Hazel Naomi ♥ Arthur Redding