Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What is it that makes people hate Arthur?

Just curious, as we're having a girl. My favourite boy's name, and name I want to use if we have a boy in the future, is Arthur. But I get such negative reactions from people when I mention it, and I honestly don't know why. Is it just because the common nicknames are so teasable?

I absolutely love Arthur. Those Artie/Art nicknames are so adorable! (Is it really bad that I can't think why he would be teased...sorry!)

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

I love Arthur, too. I'm seriously considering it for a middle name if we have a boy.

I love Arthur and nn Art!!

Don't look at me; I love Arthur. (Not fond of nicknames for it, though...at all.) I think people just tend to associate it with several generations ago. Our grandmothers and great-grandmothers might be having a resurgence in their names now; but our grandfathers and great-grandfathers might have to wait a while. A lot of people put Arthur in that category.