Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shyshutterbug View Post
    (I'm pretty certain that Arthur does MUCH better in the UK than other countries, too.)
    Yeah. The popular series Merlin ended last year after... five(?) series I think... and obviously one of the main characters was a rather delectable King Arthur (no nicknames). I think the character has changed the 'look' and feel of Arthur over here.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.

We've got a new baby Arthur in our house, but his NN's are turning out to be Arto and Thor, not Art or Artie (although those are starting to grow on me).

I've never met a single person named Arthur and I've read several books with characters I liked named Arthur--all of which makes me like it. I definitely see the old-fashioned feel that it has, but I still like it. I think it would be reasonably well received in my area.

Arthur Weasley is my fictional husband---just so you know.
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

I think Arthur is excellent. As others have pointed out, I think it's just a matter of what's currently in style. We're starting to see a resurgence of stately classics like Henry and Oliver, but a majority of parents are still on board with the two syllable, probably Irish or Scottish, ends-in-"n" names. I think growing interest in vintage names and the -"er" names (Asher, Archer, Harper, etc) will give Arthur a boost in the next five to ten years.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

I really like Arthur although I don't think I would use it as a first but it's a possible middle.