Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I like Elmina, but I think my family would see it as made up/nicknamey. Unfortunately Wilhelmina is out as I have a nephew called William

haleyangie, I love Jane, but it would sound comical with the intended mn. I would love love love to use Jane as a mn (I love both Minerva Jane and Ella Jane) but I've kind of got to use the family mn lest I break a five-generation streak :P

I really appreciate everyone's input!

I love the name Ella, despite its popularity. Popularity has never bothered me.

I know you don't like Isabella and Gabriella, but would you consider Elena with the nickname Ella? Elena isn't super trendy and popular and it lends itself so well to the nickname Ella.
    Last edited by gabriela; March 26th, 2013 at 12:13 PM.

Elena is nice. Hubby had Ilana on his list, and even though I know they're pronounced differently, they look so similar that maybe he'll like it. Although he keeps talking about Madeline now, so who knows, lol.

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I adore Minerva. It's on my list, too. I've really been loving Philomena lately and I think Minnie would be a great nickname.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

Millie comes to mind. Not a fan of Minerva at all...but I do like Minnie a lot, and that could be the whole name...doesn't have to be a nickname. I find Ella to be too popular now. You could do a crazy hybrid like Minnelli (a la Liza)!