Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I know a girl named Dayana and she get's by okay. It's definitely trendy and made up sounding, but if that doesn't bother you it's a pretty sound.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

It sounds super trendy, generic, and yoonik (that is not a compliment). Neither of those names are authentic, sorry! I'm just giving my honest opinion. Adding -lin to a word does not make it a cute name.

Here's why I don't like it:

-It will be mistaken as Dylan so many times you can't count- most will assume it's a typo.
    -It's madeup. It's just Day with -lin on the end.
    -It's trendy with the noun and the -lin ending.
    -It's non-gender specific (though I'm inclined to think girl) especially with the middle.

The middle with the masculine spelling doesn't bother me that much, but I would definitely use it with a classic/vintage/real name that definitely tells the gender.

Here are some suggestions that have the same 'feel' (as in modern or smoosh name) as Daylin:

Kyla
    Annabeth
    Annaliese
    Elsa
    Zola
    Piper
    Isla (eye-luh)
    Clementine
    Kiona
    Kassiani/Kasiani
    Elodie
    Kirrily (prn Keer-ih-lee)
    Jetta
    Isabel
    Anya
    Mio
    Lux
    Eloise/Eloisa
    Kerensa/Kerenza
    Angelina
    Magnolia
    Azalea
    Zilla
    Zora
    Lola
    Lyla/Lila
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

Thanks for the additional information. Daylin does sound cute with Harper, and I like the idea of using Rene to honor your family. I'd personally prefer another name with the middle Rene/Renee, but it's your choice.
    I'd be curious to know the name of the site where you found Daylin. What information did it offer about the name?
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

I love it!

I think its great! I admit I am biased since my name is Daylin Marie but I created a login for this site just so I could give you my biased opinion. I'm 42 years old (and I am a woman) so I had this name long before the trend for unique names came into vogue. Even now, with unusual names being so popular, I have only ever met 1 other Daylin. My name was "made up" - my dad's name is Dayton and I love having that connection but even without the story I really like my name. When I was younger, and most people had names like Michelle and Lisa, I did get a lot of people who found my name a bit tough to figure out but for every strange look I also got a compliment. Now, no one is surprised by a unique name and I get even more compliments on my name now. I like that it is a unique name but spelled exactly as it sounds - I figure having an unusual name but one that people can actually spell is perfect!