Names Searched Right Now:
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dindlee View Post
    So many! We need to own our loves! hehe. I thought I'd come back and mention that I love Elisha. On a girl a la Elisha Cuthbert. But 30 years of Sunday School would make this completely unusable in my family

Also wanted to mention that I don't know a single Aiden. Not one. Two Jaydens (13 and 6) and a Caden (15) but no Aidens.
    What's wrong with Elisha?
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I love Ruby and Lola for girls, but they're just too "fluffy" to actually use. And too popular.

Two of my close friends have sons named Aiden, and I've met/heard of literally dozens of Aiden's in my travels. I know one Cayden and one Jaiden (spelling it how their names are spelled.) I also have a cousin named Braydon.
    Last edited by rowangreeneyes; April 9th, 2013 at 12:51 AM.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

peacelovepurple , you are not alone in your love for Agnes- I think it is beautiful ... alas I fear I am completely alone and get weird looks whenever it is mentioned . When I mentioned in to mum as a possible (not really cos hubbie hates it) for bub number 1 she grimaced and said "what? like Aggie?". I'll just shutup then....
    I also love Agatha ,Millicent, Greta , Margaret (love, love, love) Raymond , Harold but will keep these quiet from the 'rents - my dad struggles with the fact that I named my bub Lillian as he thinks that is too old lady, imagine if I named the next one Millicent or Agatha ...
    Proud mama to Lillian Gwynaeth (Lily Gwyn/ Lilou) (12/2012)

I secretly kind of love once super popular names that are now outdated. Or pretty girl names from the 80s:

Jessica
    Mallory
    Rachel
    Monica
    Nicole

That type of thing. I also sometimes finding myself liking sort of jock names for boys: Blake, Troy, Eric, etc.

I mean Jessica! C'mon! It's a BEAUTIFUL name! And I sometimes think if you wanted to be REALLY original nowadays you'd pick something like Jessica, that peaked in what? 1980? Your daughter would probably meet more Beatrices than Jessicas her age.
    Mrs. H.
    Trying for our first!
    If it's a boy: Josiah Walker "Joe"
    If it's a girl: Clementine Marvel
    Avatar: "Dark Robe" by Malcolm Liepke

Oh and PS - I love Agnes. I have since I was a teenager and read The Thorn Birds. I also love Agatha. There was a gorgeous Agatha in my high school. She had a rich Greek father and was a total bitch.

There are a lot of names I love but wouldn't use because they're too hipster-trendy, like Agnes, Agatha, and Atticus, or yupster. Even some yupster names like Beatrice ad Vivien are getting borderline for me although I'd still use them.