Names Searched Right Now:
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    I don't think threads like this are a good idea. Discussing names you really don't like, or even hate, sure. But saying things like 'it disgusts me' or 'get over yourself' I think are very harsh/personal and just add to the whole mommy war mentality.

I do get it, i just think some comments are a little unnecessarily harsh. I totally have heard names that I though 'really?', but of course would never say to anyone that chose it.

The ones that I've heard used recently that I was really not feeling the love for were:

Cheyenne
    Alexis
    Myla
    Juliet
    Briar

I also think its interesting how meeting a little baby can occasionally change your view of the name. My cousin named her baby Sloane, which I really thought was awful, but this girl actually wears it with quite the gusto. Its still not something I would pick, but I don't feel as negatively towards it.
    Additionally, Clara was used by a friend of mine, and I thought it was a bit dated, and odd. All I could think of was batty Aunt Clara from Bewitched. But now I love the name and would probably consider using it if it wasn't already 'taken'.
    Last edited by mflannery; July 26th, 2013 at 02:50 AM.

The ultimate worst are booze names. Bailey, Chardonnay, Jameson, Brandy or anything similar.
    New username is @ truenature

There is a girl in my daughters class called Berkley. She's a precious little girl but I can't help but cringe when her mother calls out "Berky!" in the play ground.

My brothers sister names her second daughter Clementine. At first I thought it was ridiculous but I find that it really suits her now.

My daughter went to a summer school and came back and said "I met a Lovely girl today, mummy." I said, " whats her name?" "Its Lovely!" What? Her name was Lovely? Poor child!

Quote Originally Posted by redrover View Post
    I am interested to see what your ''Cringe Worthy'' girl names are!

List as many as you like.

Mine are:
    Henrietta
    Clementine
    Constance
    Isabella
    Mia
    Grace
    Samantha
    Nevaeh
    Camila
    (basically anything that ends in ''etta'')

Just go nuts!
    If this thread pans out well i will post one for the boys!

*apologies if your name/your child's name is listed, its nothing personal*
    I like Henrietta and Clementine!!!
    guinea pig mama to HeTTy . oLGa . eNiD . WiNNie

GRaCe . JuLia . KiTTy . MaRGo . NaDia . PoLLy
    HuGo . iGoR . JoHN . RoRy . SaMSoN . ToBy

The most 'cringe worthy' to me are:
    Priscilla
    Tiffany
    Regina
    Penelope
    Sydney